Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

CollegeStationTexas.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Again, Filly ... you really need to be OWNING these prior to seeking appraisal(s) on this Board. C'mon now, you know the rules.
Thanks.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is there a rule against asking the value of a domain you don't own?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
Why is there a rule against asking the value of a domain you don't own?

Correct, Winfree ... and this rule was created by the old "administration", as noted: "Don't waste $50 for a "professional" appraisal on your domain, post your domain name here and seek advice/valuations from other domain speculators.
Perhaps the new owner will consider a change, I dunno. I'd be against it, personally ... otherwise, we'll get all jammed up here IMHO.
All the best. :cool:

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com

Correct, Winfree ... and this rule was created by the old "administration", as noted: "Don't waste $50 for a "professional" appraisal on your domain, post your domain name here and seek advice/valuations from other domain speculators.
Perhaps the new owner will consider a change, I dunno. I'd be against it, personally ... otherwise, we'll get all jammed up here IMHO.
All the best. :cool:

hmm interesting.. and I'de find that a rule which would hinder progress.. as there are many dn's for sale sites out there.. and possibly the members here are considering buying a name from a domain dealer.. and would seek advice prior to buying, here on DNforum..
I see it as a "good" inclusion.. to be able to solicit appraisal advice from members here, regarding any domain name.

just my 2cents.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly

hmm interesting.. and I'de find that a rule which would hinder progress.. as there are many dn's for sale sites out there.. and possibly the members here are considering buying a name from a domain dealer.. and would seek advice prior to buying, here on DNforum..
I see it as a "good" inclusion.. to be able to solicit appraisal advice from members here, regarding any domain name.

just my 2cents.

Valid suggestion, Filly! I'm simply going by the current rule concerning the soliciation of an "appraisal" on this Forum. Perhaps we've matured to a level to revisit the original reasoning behind such limitations. I dunno. My guess is that we'd clutter up the section. New ownership seems pretty receptive to :cool: ideas ... please keep me posted.
Thanks.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Rules are ment to be bent :)

I'm not too crazy about this one Filly.

Mike

PS : WinLarge.com is nice mind you :)

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
grew up, changed ID's even changed sexes in some cases....whatever the reason for change, I think a buyer should be able to ask for an appraisal of a potential purchase.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
grew up, changed ID's even changed sexes in some cases....whatever the reason for change, I think a buyer should be able to ask for an appraisal of a potential purchase.

I'd expect nothing less than a snide remark from Winfreecash, so there we have it. Grrrr.
Again, however, it's a valid suggestion ... perhaps new ownership would consider a "poll" regarding the inclusion of appraisal requests?!?
Thanks. Please keep me posted.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Because it invites shill appraisals..

These appraisals here are for the most part not even well thought out to begin with..

We have people just throwing out numbers, no reasoning, no evidence to substantiate their appraisals.

For the most part it is simply just people yacking it up..background noise.

A few people do nice appraisals, but most just toss a number out.

The forum dosent need to be an "outlet" for the sleaze to shill appraisals for under the table payment on prospective sales.

I like the concept of "knowing" ahead of time...but for the most part.most still dont know how to do an appraisal ..it's amazing how many people,still dont even understand the basics of what a "type in" is and Isnt.

Maybe to advance that concept maybe DNF owners and mods could develop a skills test of some sort.

To test the knowledge of people who want to do appraisals ?

Knowledge as far as what makes a domain valuable or not , and how accurate their appraisals have been compared to actual sales?

That would add true value to DNF.. hell make it comprehensive enough and certify them !

DNF could really gain respectablity if we had certified appraisers, new customers for DNF (as word gets around) with qualified appraisers.

DotComGod , you have the resources to do a study, to accumulate enough information to put together a comprehensive appraisers course and tests. Just an Idea...

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
alumni network~ community name..

worth registration? just checking '-)

$0.00

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the rule that we have been going by:

Appraisals forum: Only post if you own the name.

MISC forum: Here, you can ask about a name you don't own, a name that's available, the value of an extension, etc...

Thanks

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho

$0.00

whew.. i was sweating it..

good thing i didn't register that crap name.

Thanks for your industry seasoned feedback DrWho..

'-) ever heard of the band called: CherryKisses? just checking.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
Here's the rule that we have been going by:

Appraisals forum: Only post if you own the name.

MISC forum: Here, you can ask about a name you don't own, a name that's available, the value of an extension, etc...

Thanks

Thank you, GD ... moving this thread was the proper thing to do, IMHO. Keep up the good work! :D
:cool:

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

Because it invites shill appraisals..

These appraisals here are for the most part not even well thought out to begin with..

We have people just throwing out numbers, no reasoning, no evidence to substantiate their appraisals.

For the most part it is simply just people yacking it up..background noise.

A few people do nice appraisals, but most just toss a number out.

The forum dosent need to be an "outlet" for the sleaze to shill appraisals for under the table payment on prospective sales.

I like the concept of "knowing" ahead of time...but for the most part.most still dont know how to do an appraisal ..it's amazing how many people,still dont even understand the basics of what a "type in" is and Isnt.

Maybe to advance that concept maybe DNF owners and mods could develop a skills test of some sort.

To test the knowledge of people who want to do appraisals ?

Knowledge as far as what makes a domain valuable or not , and how accurate their appraisals have been compared to actual sales?

That would add true value to DNF.. hell make it comprehensive enough and certify them !

DNF could really gain respectablity if we had certified appraisers, new customers for DNF (as word gets around) with qualified appraisers.

DotComGod , you have the resources to do a study, to accumulate enough information to put together a comprehensive appraisers course and tests. Just an Idea...

Great idea bid, this would definitely add value to DNF.
would need to be "JMHO" "No Garantees" blah blah blah but would definitely be valuable.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold CollegeStation.net and CollegeStation.org to gregr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom