Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Colombian .CO going live

Status
Not open for further replies.

merien

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After having registered .com.co's a few years back I was able to register chat.co in sunrise. Today it went live. What do you guys think of .CO? What markets to target? target locally in spanish or internationally in English? What do you think where it stands in terms of value? Any plans on registering .co's ? Curious what you guys think ...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the .co generics are going to get typo traffic from their .com counterparts.

.co is a good extension for 'company' too.

I'll be looking at picking up a few for keywords I like, if it's open registration.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is cocaine.co still available ? :D

TrafficVC

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After having registered .com.co's a few years back I was able to register chat.co in sunrise. Today it went live. What do you guys think of .CO? What markets to target? target locally in spanish or internationally in English? What do you think where it stands in terms of value? Any plans on registering .co's ? Curious what you guys think ...

I really dont know, not sure there is no catch here...maybe we are missing something...

therunner

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ccTLD is better with the local language and try to avoid typo...people are now adding and creating .co=company too... .co= Colombia's new extension and we need to see it in that way, as .US is the USA extension...remember in Colombia speaks Spanish (south American Spanish, not too much different with its accents and dialects) and its people are very well educated...the internet and the domain world are not new for them and their patriotic sentiment will be playing an important factor...basic and good Spanish words will be the key to register and be succesfull in that market...wishing the best to "los paisas" with their new extension :eek:k:

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Any TLD is better than .tel :D

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't sunrise starting in April? If you got chat, then what else will be left! :)

(this thread is already indexed in the big G)

D

Deleted member 111831

Anything that gets a lot of traffic in .com will be great in the .co...

alanj878

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am happy this is cctld I learned with other domain trends you have to buy and unload fast that is how I had a decent sale of some .tels . Also I would like to see how much traffic some of these domains get because I seen the .com.br get loads of traffic

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is cocaine.co still available ?

I love Hugo Chavez! Oh, wait, actually, I don't! I didn't love George Bush but I am pretty sure that Colombia has more smoke from their devil than the UN had from George.

Pass on .CN and pass on .CO! (Yes, .CO perhaps could be good for some things but do you really want the Columbian association and do you really want to help, even in a small way, enable 'Devil' Chavez??)

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.CO is a great extension. The extension doesn't only get traffic from .com, but also from the local users. I have a bunch of .com.co domains and they do have decent traffic.

Stefan

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

silverclick

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when is the scheduled rollout for the .co's?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is traffic like so far?

Also where or what registrar is everyone using and best prices?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom