Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.com.cn

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else here going after any .com.cn, .net.cn, or .org.cn names?

Is it a waste of time and money?

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's my opinion that its worth it if you find a good name thats still avaiable but you should really be saving your big bucks for the March landrush on registrations directly under .cn.

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion Mark. I agree, if .cn will be available in March, it seems a waste to bother with .com.cn now.

Hopefully, bulkregister.com will fail getting me the .com.cn names I "pre-registered" with them as miserably as they failed getting me .info names in LR2.

On the other hand, .com.cn names are already used: www.airchina.com.cn for example.

M

mole

Mark may be working for Dotster with its cnauction.com site, but he seems to know that credibility in this industry is more important than just crap marketing bahoola to get in a few extra bucks.

I personally don't believe Neustar is ready for this, and are only using this .com.net.org .cn exercise as a trial run. The Chinese authorities can be pretty unpredictable :)

Anyways, I will only be going for 1 .cn to complete a larger 8-bagger objective. You need to think carefully how you can deploy .cn in your business model, as a gateway for Westerners into China, or for the Chinese themselves. .cn is tricky, since most Chinese, don't appreciate romanised characters.

Already, Verisign will be testing plug-ins for Korea to render Korean language on the address bar. This will happen soon for China domains (simplified Hanyu Pinyin), so you need to watch the trends very carefully.

imo, .info and .biz are still the best new extensions that ICANN had the sense to introduced as gTLDs, albeit with incredible implementation stupidity.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole, you may be right about Neustar not being ready for this, they only launched with ADD, DELETE, INFO and CHECK commands and two hours after the launch they announced that the DELETE command was not working.

Having said that, I know a lot of people at Neustar and they are serious about this, and I know that they will create as good a system as they can given the inherent limitiations of connecting to the true registry in China.

Mark......

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Crabby, not sure how much success Bulkregister had for you but we were very successful: we grabbed 95.2% of the available names in our queue.

It was a good trial run for us for March and I think we will have a lot of success in March with a more attractive offering (.cn instead of .com.cn) and a lot more available names (140,000 .com.cn were already registered before today).

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark,
how do I check what domains I got at cnactions.com?
All domains dissapeared...
Nothing works there now.
I think the same think happed to me with your LR2 website on July. I got no domains from you. I don't understand what is going on.

yahoohaha

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sweet dreams, enjoy it.

no matter you waste $ or $ waste you.

without dreams, $ worth nothing.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip:

As the auction is over the auction listing disappeared.

We are going to notify everyone who was successful in the next couple of days after we have charged their credit cards.

You can see some information by going to cnauctions.com, click on manage domains, log in, then click on auction stats on the right hand side of the page.

You will see a list of names that you were the high bidder for. If the status is REGISTRYWAIT then the name was available at the start of the auction and was one that we tried to grab. Of those we tried to grab we had a 95.2% success rate so if any of your domains say REGISTRYWAIT you have a pretty good chance of having got it.

Sorry I don't have more information for you at this time.

Regards,

Mark......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom