Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.com, .net and .org being beat by .us and .info

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the .com crowd thinks investments in .info or .us are a waste of money, why does it appear that the returns on investment in these two late comers over the last two years appear to be returning better numbers?

My own experience (and those of others) has documented that a lot of tier 1 info and us extensions are now fetching 10 or 20+ times their original investment in under 2 years. Now show me some tier 1 coms, nets or orgs (other than a rare lucky snap) that have done the same? Many here believe that the run up on the new extensions is just starting, and will continue over the next two years to the detriment of com and net. For pure domain speculation, $50k invested in tier 1 .us or .infos over the last year or two has proved to be a much more profitable venture than most any com, and things are just starting to heat up.

Riddle me that one Bat-man
Doc

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That goes without saying for such new extensions. First of all there is the obvious novelty value. Secondly people are buying higher quality one and two word .us domains to back up their mediocre .coms and .nets having missed the boat on the top two extensions a few years ago. A few are using the new extensions as their main web address - but only a few.
The trend will last for some time longer and I am certain that very good .us names will continue to appreciate in value as these names become rarer - whether they become as valuable as .com, .net I seriously doubt.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
I am certain that very good .us names will continue to appreciate in value as these names become rarer - whether they become as valuable as .com, .net I seriously doubt.

Probably never as valuable as .com....but .net is a fair game IMO!

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.us names are doing well. recently drug.us was sold for $2000 (100 times original registration price). i am sure the new buyer will refuse to sell it for $4000 (100% return in few days). that speaks for itself. :)

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2000 for drug.us was a good price for the buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom