Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.com or not?!...geo names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
may be easier to get a .co.uk than a .com while .de and .info are options to consider

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a UK city .net last year for a pretty penny. I'd say that both .net and .info are great alternatives to the .com.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if you are from UK, you can answer that question the best. Do you see businesses advertise with co.uk or .com and .net. If you see a good number of co.uk you are ok, but start slow buy 5-10 at the time if you generate the list of 100 pick 10 best ones and go after buyers. Do NOT buy more until you sell at least 2 you got. Let's say you spent 150$ on the 10 names and you sell average 300$ each now pick 10 more for 150 and put a side 150$ for future high end domain.

Best of luck

johnny24

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm and does anyone know where I could find and buy a co.uk drops? also .ca/.au

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have a look here at some of the .co.uk sales results, I cannot remember seeing a decent .com geo on dnjournal for a while.

Perhaps it's because people are riding out the current recession and not succumbing to firesale pricing in this buyers' market.

http://dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales-archive-2011.htm

I sold a UK city .net last year for a pretty penny. I'd say that both .net and .info are great alternatives to the .com.

Couldn't agree more! I think .info is particularly enticing...

Rob

Entropy

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

johnny24

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people usuall don't consider.org domains (maybe I should keep quiet and keep this to myself? ;) ). To many people they still think .org domains have to be organizations and may consider them more legit than a .com or .net. I have some .org domains parked that do btter than the .com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom