Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.com.org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems sometimes when I went to my site but it was a 404 page it directed itself to "www.mysitehere.com.org" I thought it was just spyware on my pc. But im on another pc and I was checking my site (404 again) and it went to mysite.com.org

It seems to be a ad parking page.

What is this?

EDIT: This is what it says

Occasionally we receive inquiries from users who do not understand why they have accessed our site. Please be advised that you are not reaching our site as a result of spyware. We are not exactly sure why you have been directed here, however, we believe it is a result of the autosearch feature of Internet Explorer. If a site entered into the address bar cannot be accessed, Explorer apparently appends ".org" to the name and then tries to access that site. In the case of a search ending in .com, Explorer thus accesses our domain, "com.org." If you wish to turn off this behavior, we think it can be successfully accomplished by doing the following:

1. From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
3. Under "Search from the Address Bar", select "Do not search from the Address bar".
4. Click "OK".
5. You may need to restart your computer.

Please note that this does not solve the problem of why you could not access the original search term, and if that site is still not accessible (due to DNS problems, a server being down, network problems, a typographical error, etc.) you should now receive an error that the page cannot be displayed.

They must be making a BUTTLOAD of cash from that site.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your PC goes to "www.mysitehere.com.org", but another PC goes to "mysitehere.com.org" without the www?

I think you meant to say that they both go to the same. It just sounds like your hosting company has a default 404 redirction. You can overwrite the redirection if you set a redirection of your own in your .htaccess file..

There pages are 404 "catch" pages, which when anyone goes to a page that doesn't exist it redirects to their ads so they make money off of your 404 pages.

Duncan said:
It seems sometimes when I went to my site but it was a 404 page it directed itself to "www.mysitehere.com.org" I thought it was just spyware on my pc. But im on another pc and I was checking my site (404 again) and it went to mysite.com.org

It seems to be a ad parking page.

What is this?

EDIT: This is what it says

They must be making a BUTTLOAD of cash from that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom