Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed .com (Russian for "Russian.com")

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjwjwjwjw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain: российская.com
Punycode: xn--80apderliac6l.com

Hello,

Please could someone give me an appraisal for this domain? I'm not a native Russian, but I have gathered that it is the Russian word for "Russian", as in the possessive tense, such as "Russian Federation" or "Russian Newspaper" etc. The word on its own has 4,090,000 hits on Google and Overture is 29, but Yandex (approximate Russian equivalent of Overture) says "Что искали со словом «российская» — 491356 показов в месяц.".

In English (according to Babelfish), that is: "What searched for with the word "Russian" - 491356 demonstrations per month." That's quite a lot of searches, I think...

Anyone got a rough idea of how much the domain could be worth?

Thanks in advance

John W

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's actually a bit more specific than that.

I'm not a native Russian speaker, but to my recollection the normal word for Russian (Russian language, Russian people, Russian beer) is:

русский
русская
русское

Note that there are 3 genders in Russian: masculine, feminine, neuter.

And this is only in the nominative case. :)

The word for Russia as an entity is Россия, so it looks to me like your adjective means pretty much solely "having to do with the entity of Russia itself." So it could refer to "Russian newspaper," but only if it's referring to the newspaper for Russia, not generally a Russian-language or Russian-ethnic newspaper.

Any better Russian speakers, feel free to correct or comment on my what I've said.

As far as appraisal, I'll leave that to someone else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom