Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.com Vs .us What your opinion???

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey i love .coms but recently i been thinking .us were nice as well because .us can stand for ether United States or basic "Us" LOL it also can produce a shorter Url

what do you all think are they around same value!

Like if i owned something like book.com or book.us what would be better!

just wondering if i should buy some .us thanks :cool:

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you're kidding, right?

.com is where it's at.

.us is fine for development of minor sites and foreign entities wanting to brand the site as a US presence (eg. volvocars.us backhouse.us), but don't expect to get much type-in traffic on book.us

the short (3-char) .us domains were all taken out by elequa and zouzas earlier this year (check the lowdown archives at dnjournal.com)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.com is probably worth 50 times more than the same .us domain

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok what is it worth compare to them all as it in on 2 letter ending instead of 3! and i do not own book.com or .us that was just an example

Thanks and is there a such thing a a 1 letter or number doman as then someone out there could have like 1.us or something as i know if ther is they all are taken LOL

**oh and for you all here a great domain for soemone LOL "d-o-y-o-u-l-i-k-e-t-h-i-s-u-r-l.com is available" LOL if someone buys that it would be funny as it a hard domain to type LOL and long**

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at .de - its huge for germany. like .us maybe for the states eventually, but .com will always be the top.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
europe has welcomed .info and (country ext). much more than usa who knows what the future holds though, especially with new extensions

openforsale.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say no to book.us :-D

Thekingz, if you can find single words or popular keywords in .us (or any other major TLD) get 'em. Otherwise, it's wise to stick with .com.
Good luck.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.net has dropped back a ways...

I would say:

.com
.de
.info/.org
.us
.biz/.net

at the current time

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check the top sales list on www.dnjournal.com

.de domains are huge in Germany, with many 5 and 6 figure sales

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
because you're not German :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I focus mostly on .com's. www.website.com is the blueprint of the current public's view of the internet. Considdering that most average users aren't even aware of most of the other extensions, .com is king.

I own .com, .net, and .org's, and have yet to move on to anything else so I might be biased, but then again isn't being biased what this is all about? Most people are biased against anything NON dot com. :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of multiple TLD's in the first place. For the most part, the names seem to be protected by trademark laws of some sort, so why are there more extensions available?

Someone starts a company called microsoft and registers microsoft.com and trademarks the name microsoft. Now who on each can register microsoft.net, .org, .biz, .GOLF, or whatever without getting in trouble? I thought this was what multiple TLD's were there for, but instead it just seems like a waste of time and a false sense of ownership. I say if I had my way I would do away with everything but the .com for that reason. If someone has .com, and you register another TLD, instead of being able to use it, you could be in trouble for copyright infringement. Real smart system we have here. :-(

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Total number ever!? Probably a lot. I bet there is a way to find th exact number, but I sure don't know it. It just bugs me that there are multiple extensions but if you register one that is already taken you have a good chance of being confronted about it. I think it totally defeats the purpose of multiple TLD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom