Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Coming soon into the U.S market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the things I like to keep an eye for is new technology, emerging technology, and emerging companies whether in the forms of typos (more so similars then typos) or add-ons i.e "xxx"forum.com There is a new coming cellphone company from Korea that is about to enter the U.S market with great force. This company HELIO has had great success in Korea and are now bringing there innovation into the U.S. They are not only well funded, but they also have some behemoth partners in various industries. Just thought I'd share this news for those that didn't know yet. Here's their homepage link below:

http://helio.com/page?p=homepage

p.s I tried to get HelioPhones.com but that's taken already :-D

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip mywire, didn't see anything on the page about when they are entering the US market though, do you know?

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I recalled correctly, they're suppose to come out summer of '06 which is soon, I will try to find exactly where I saw that

Correction, they were suppose to launch May 2006.... I thought it was going to be end of May because yesterday, the links weren't clickable.... now the site is fully functional... has anyone seen any advertising for them either in print or online media?

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, just registered 2 names. Hopefully they will become a hit - they seem like really cool and fun phones.

What makes them any different from the current "media" phones already in the US market?

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, just registered 2 names. Hopefully they will become a hit - they seem like really cool and fun phones.

What makes them any different from the current "media" phones already in the US market?

No prob, well before they publicly launched, I remember seeing that they had on their site that the us market is 1-2 years behind the Korean market in terms of capabilities of cellphones in terms of speed, 3g abilities, video relay, and interconectivity with different media types... and that over there it's used way more and more imbedded in daily life because of capabilities in technology and design etc... they had some of the Korean phones on their and a comparative list of us models and I have to say, they were impressive...

I think they can be a hit if they market right... I nver thought that when LG entered the US market that they would last... but they have been quite succesful

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems they are being sponsored by IGN, Myspace, Yahoo, etc. It should be interesting to see how they tackle the teen market.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems they have an office already in CA

Check out our new home – Helio House in Westwood, CA:
We recently took a little break (just about an hour) from creating our stellar service to celebrate Helio’s sign lighting at our headquarters in sunny California—right between Hollywood + Santa Monica. Next time your in the neighborhood, be sure to honk and say ‘Hi!’”

http://helio.com/page?p=events

Got me a few names to park :D

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mywire.com said:
p.s I tried to get HelioPhones.com but that's taken already :-D
Cant forget about the typos ;)
fone - fones

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cant forget about the typos ;)
fone - fones

I only purchased one name and it was the typo I tested, I won't post the name here, but you can guess what it was.... probably the best one imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom