Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Comment - Remark - Question in Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we need to implement the rules that there should be no comment, remark or question in sales thread that is not related to the sale.
I have seen too posts in this category and this rule needed to be implemented:
- Too expensive
- Is the spelling right?
- What is LLL?
- Etc...

All questions should be directed via PM to the seller unless the question is related to the sale.

Many times the sales thread became an appraisal thread or newbie Q/A thread.

John

Upvote 0

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
or the "good luck", nice in theory and a good gesture, but
one needs money, not luck :wink_smile:

suppose its always good to bump the thread though :)

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The damage is already done once these posts are in place as the post may not be removed until the Mod is available.
Why can we fix the problem from the root? It's simple - Keep you rmouth shut unless you have questions related to the sale.
Also, do not grant any F$ for posting in sales threads may reduce/eliminate the problem. Some people just try to post to gain F$ and not thinking about the consequences.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one reads rules or stickies
If that is the case then we don't even need rules or stickies.
I did not say that we don't need mod but by implementing the rules we can reduce the problem. Also no F$ for posting in any sales forums may help.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey John,
I include "PM questions or comments." "PM offers" in every sale I do. I also include Registrar...expiry etc. for every name and usually "assume no traffic" unless it is a traffic name so there is no need for any questions/comments in the thread..and I am not looking for the "nice name" free bump.

I know people would know if they read the rules but this doesn't seem to be the case sometimes and I know it can be very frustrating.

Jim

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some sales threads need comments. Such as when it appears likely that the seller is being misleading in some way.
Is it against the rules now to publicly ask the seller to explain something that concerns you about the sale?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
E.g. hey John how's Vanessa Paradis doing? :-D G/L with your sale.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey John,
I include "PM questions or comments." "PM offers" in every sale I do. I also include Registrar...expiry etc. for every name and usually "assume no traffic" unless it is a traffic name so there is no need for any questions/comments in the thread..and I am not looking for the "nice name" free bump.

I know people would know if they read the rules but this doesn't seem to be the case sometimes and I know it can be very frustrating.

Jim

Good Point - if someone starts a Thread - they should include as much as they info as they can, knowing people will probably only coming asking sooner or later.

re: Posts Not Related to the Thread - I agree - the perp. should be taken out back of DNF and beaten with a sack of potatoes; or Reported and given Warning Points and/or Banned - whatever is easier for DNF to enforce. :-D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The absolute worst is a new member who posts " thats expensive "...its like a dagger through the heart. And Johnn is right, the damage is done at that point. I may actually start to include a disclaimer in my sales threads stating legal action will be taken if you post anything besides best wishes or an offer, that or you will be banned.

That leads me to a thought. I like the way NP's uses their High dollar domain section to seperate the crap from the $XXXX plus names. It makes life so easy to market and find premium names . I suggest the same thing here. I tend to only sale $XXXX plus names myself and while Ill pop for a $50 sticky here and there its frustrating to see CRAP dominate and kick premium sals threads off the page :(

I volunteer to help in any way. It would greatly improve the sales section imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom