Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

company name .com --97 with or7 compared to new low pr

Status
Not open for further replies.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is an old name -97 with pr7 compared to a new name with low pr how much better is it (pr + age)?
I need a new name for my company the old name is for sale for about $2k and brandable (used by an old company in a different area). So would you spend the money on the old name or would you go for a different name (it's a 5 letter .com)
it's going to be for my graphic design company / domain investment / development. There is one TM but the owner now bought it from the company (owner in the whois) and they don't operate the business anymore so

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
since the name you are looking at was used in a different biz area I don't think the PR means anything , you would be starting over with the new name more or less , I would just get something cheaper or reg fee and put that cash into promotion or something else.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but would'nt high pr be good for webdesign let's say i SEO for my clients aswell
Looks like i have fixed high pr etc and looks better with an old name for a company, just my thought not sure

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as soon as you change content etc.. the PR may not stay , google will see it differently , maybe the backlicks will drop off because of unrelated content to the links , google will see the backlinks as unrelated and drop the PR , a lot could happen if you are just buying the name for PR , just my 2 cants.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes true about the pr but what about the age the, if you buy a shelf company you can buy an old one because it's looks better with an older, might be the same if they look in the whois -97

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom