Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Company offering domain for sale they don't own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own a domain ,have owned it for 9 months, and have trade mark for it. I see that a well known company has it on their website saying ,Quote, " The owner of the domain you are researching has it listed for sale. @@@@@@@.com is for sale The owner of the domain you are researching has it listed for sale.
Buy @@@@@@.com now .@@@@@@.com Is For Sale!
Need a price instantly? Just give us a call. .... " END QUOTE

Now if anyone does search for the name @@@@ (same as domain) it is the 1st domain listed on the search results. This is damaging my property and my IP rights as it says the domain is for sale when it is not.

What is legal position in USA for damage to business ?

DG

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't speak about legal matters, but have you tried just calling this company and asking them to fix the error? Their listing might be left over from a previous owner, if you've only owned the domain for 9 months.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I mean in 2nd para is ,if you do search for the name, the sales website is the 1st result with my domain name prominently detailed as for sale even in the result detail on google.

DG

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I can't speak about legal matters, but have you tried just calling this company and asking them to fix the error? Their listing might be left over from a previous owner, if you've only owned the domain for 9 months.

No not yet called , but did email them and no reply.

DG

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No not yet called , but did email them and no reply.

DG
I would certainly advise you to try calling them. Much better than assuming that they are knowingly doing something wrong (and then entering legal proceedings without knowing the full story).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom