Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Compare Domain Auction sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ebay
Addacom.com
Afternic
Sedo

What do you think of them all?
IMO

Ebay - to much rubbish which swamps the site but good exposure to names
Addacom - I work on it so won't comment
Afternic - Have to pay and none of my names got traffic there, but good track record.
Sedo - Not technically an auctio site but the stats speak for themselves - good parking program.

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can find good deals at ebay sometime very cheap prices but not all the time.
Pool is also a very great site you can find good names.
AfterNic is actully seasonal someitme you find good deals but not all the time.
Sedo has no auction site and i don't recommend it because they dont actully care you can sell the domain name or not ,they have their own sales and parking page and do not focus on customer sales and quantity of sales.

Overall you need to check them all often to find good deals. but for good deals I recommend if you are a buyer:
Buying names :
POOL-SnapName
Selling Names :
Ebay-POOL-AFTERNIC

Good Luck

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ebay is horrible, I avoid using them at all. Use them only if you have too or as a last resort. Thay ARE WAY OVERPIRCED!!!! All the others offer some pluses and minuses. I have used most but Ebay I hate. Ebay is a huge scammer site. I have wasted more money there than anywhere. They don't police themselves so even if you get an offer, there is a good chance you won't get paid and if some offers a price that is not fair, they won't take it off. There is no interaction with Customer Service. That is why I bought the domain escambay.com. They outright suck! Anyone, please provide me with the evidence they don't. I don't mind being proven wrong but I have found in this case Ebay has scammed more people that we all care to admit. I am fond of my own site, of course, www.domaintrader.pro. I think any site that offers a decent commission for a service is worthwhile. Ebay charges regardless and doesn't even give you a legit buyer. It's sick they are so big....

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ebay does suck I agree with that but only the people who still stay there are to blame. They have the most listings and most buyers thats why people still use it. Only way to stop it would be to try boycotting it. Once people stop using it they have nothing.

acronym007 said:
Ebay is horrible, I avoid using them at all. Use them only if you have too or as a last resort. Thay ARE WAY OVERPIRCED!!!! All the others offer some pluses and minuses. I have used most but Ebay I hate. Ebay is a huge scammer site. I have wasted more money there than anywhere. They don't police themselves so even if you get an offer, there is a good chance you won't get paid and if some offers a price that is not fair, they won't take it off. There is no interaction with Customer Service. That is why I bought the domain escambay.com. They outright suck! Anyone, please provide me with the evidence they don't. I don't mind being proven wrong but I have found in this case Ebay has scammed more people that we all care to admit. I am fond of my own site, of course, www.domaintrader.pro. I think any site that offers a decent commission for a service is worthwhile. Ebay charges regardless and doesn't even give you a legit buyer. It's sick they are so big....

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive gotten 30 offers at sedo, but I beleive all were resellers because except for one or 2 in x,xxx range all others were 50 and 100 dollar offers. i am happy with sedo for the exposure. I wish sedo had an auction setup i would throw some names in prior to expiration, 90 percent of my names get picked up by somebody so there is an interest

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is great. However, i am not sure how effective paying for a featured listing is. I have had a few offers off of featured listings. Sedo is great with cutting deals for featured listings. They usually will not charge you to place a featured domain in different language sites. They will also cut 2 or 3 for 1 deals. Demand must be pretty low for it.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cjj said:
Ebay
Addacom.com
Afternic
Sedo

Addacom - I work on it so won't comment

not too many names there yet.

you forgot enom's club drop

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Afternic the best, I think the
setup is good and the bazaar section
is also a good place to sell or buy cheaper names.
I used to use GreatDomains years ago before
they changed to what they are now.

It costs $19.95 per year at Afternic but it's worth it.
The interface is easy to use, you can set
a minimum bid, a reserve, and a buy it now
price. If someone meets your reserve then
your name goes on the home page for 10 days,
giving it more exposure and more chance for
bids. Charging to use the site makes people
value it more, I think.

I also have names listed at sedo, and I
see they sell a lot of domains, but haven't
had any luck with them yet.

Ebay is ok, but I agree with a lot of what
the previous posters have said. I would only use
it for higher quality names.

Get-A.com

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ebay gets you bombarded with spoofs.
that alone is reason enough not to bother with ebay
paypal is getting as bad.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do what I do. Buy names here and sell them on ebay. Make sure to put "established domain" in your title. :)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TrafficNames said:
You can find good deals at ebay sometime very cheap prices but not all the time.
Pool is also a very great site you can find good names.
AfterNic is actully seasonal someitme you find good deals but not all the time.
Sedo has no auction site and i don't recommend it because they dont actully care you can sell the domain name or not ,they have their own sales and parking page and do not focus on customer sales and quantity of sales.

Overall you need to check them all often to find good deals. but for good deals I recommend if you are a buyer:
Buying names :
POOL-SnapName
Selling Names :
Ebay-POOL-AFTERNIC

Good Luck

Thanks, this has been very helpful.

refide46

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
it's differ from time to another

&

the quality of the domain

+

the price you're expecting higher

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is really good informaiton for me, thank you guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom