Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Competition.net undersold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought this was a domain name forum to discuss various domain name related issues. Also I would be very happy if I was the buyer. He got a great deal. Not so much for the seller

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not be happy if I am the buyer since someone else discussed my business (buying). There is no issue here, the seller and buyer agreed on the pricing and the transaction is complete.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was a public auction, all the information is already public. I don't see anything wrong with discussing previous sales, as has been done on this forum plenty of times. If you disagree, you don't have to comment on this...unless you're just trying to exercise your moderator muscle.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Mod status. I just see it's a wrong thing to discuss. We all know that there is no such thing as appraisal so no one can tell if the price is high or low. And we should focus on how we are doing than someone else business. Nothing we can do anyhow.

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont see anything wrong discussing a domain name sale. This is a domain forum.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People talk about real estate prices all the time... stock prices... mortgage rates... all kinds of things in which there is a perceived "winner" or "loser" in the case of digits which are exceptions to the norm.

If the seller wanted the sale price to be private... why would they sell it publicly?

Additionally, when you buy something in a public context... you know very well that it is going to be publicly known, especially if it's a prolific thing. Trying to cover it up will only bring on the Streisand Effect.

(since I've only met one other person who knows what this means... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect)

My commentary is that it seems low for a very easy to spell, easy to remember word... but the purpose of the name is not clear.

With that in mind, this is definitely not a $xx,xxx name... but certainly seems to have been sold a bit low, relative to other one-word .net domain names.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just saw that competition.net sold on flippa for 1500. Anyone else think it was really undersold?

if this one undersold, has any name ever "oversold" on flippa?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Definitely undersold. Positive, aged .net domains can be worth 5-figures+

On the other hand, the seller is an active domain flipper, it's a matter of keeping liquidity going for other purchases.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot can be learned from this sale, such as .net's are not as certain as they used to be with .me, and .co as usable options in the marketplace. I think discussing this, can help all of us, maybe think twice before investing in premium .net's, as they are not selling thru like they once did. The seller tends to try his hand at emailing end users, must have come up empty, and went to flippa for some liquidity, I would have taken a second look, probably not purchased though, but if you have a use for it, great domain for the price.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if this one undersold, has any name ever "oversold" on flippa?

Adam Dicker just posted a couple domains with their prices and stats stating they were oversold on Flippa. The HayTalk thread I believe.

On topic though, I would say it's more in the mid range than low as it had a lot of uses in various competitive niches.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A lot can be learned from this sale, such as .net's are not as certain as they used to be with .me, and .co as usable options in the marketplace. I think discussing this, can help all of us, maybe think twice before investing in premium .net's, as they are not selling thru like they once did. The seller tends to try his hand at emailing end users, must have come up empty, and went to flippa for some liquidity, I would have taken a second look, probably not purchased though, but if you have a use for it, great domain for the price.

There is nothing wrong with this .net; it's just a matter of timing and 'eyeballs'. If you don't reach out to those that can shell out the big bucks, then your sales can only produce so much revenue even among 'end user' buyers. I turn down offers in that range all the time, should I sell just because I have an offer? No.

On the other hand, when you list domains on auctions without a reserve, you pay the consequences. I know, I sold a LLL .com for ~$230 on eBay a decade ago.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the domain was definitely worth more than it sold for. I think the buyer got lucky and was able to pick up a great domain at a great price. In the right auction I see it going for upper xxxx at least. Congrats on the sale to seller/buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom