Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Complete waste of traffic domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is one that I found that I feel is the bigges waste of a site on the net.

I had to share this and laugh.

http://www.purple.com

I spoke with the owner on the phone ad he has no interest in selling he said

"I like being extravagant"

So he wants to just leave the site as is instead of making any mone with it.

Please feel free to post any other weird sites you can find like this one.

-=DCG=-

Domain Days 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I LOVE it. The only thing is he shouldn't even put that bogus FAQ link there. Just plain purple, for the celebratioin of the color. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I see.

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I love it when people remind us that there's NO requirement that domain names MUST be used to make money. Domains can be used for anything you like -- to simply express yourself, show 500 photos of the family pet, maintain a blog about your boring personal life, or provide a lengthy list of your favorite "hot links". Anything at all. There's no rule that says they must be used to earn cash.

Good for him for not being a sell-out.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not a sell-out? lmao dude, save that crap for priesthood...you meant to say a fool to turn down HUGE offers on names that currently earn nil...thats "selling out" yourself!

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's got people begging to buy his domain, right? Maybe he's holding out for better offers down the road. You're just pissed b/c you can't have his domain.... lol

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
barefoot said:
Good for him for not being a sell-out.

wow... This "Sell-Out" word has been the most overused and mis-used word for the last Year or 2.. Im starting to believe some people don't know what a Sell-Out is.

I guess everyone on dnforum.com is a sellout then :bandit:

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus...what is this, high school recess? Geez...
I'd be willing to wager not all people in the world are exactly like you and me and they might even have feelings too!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hehehehe yes, lets all hold hands and sing kumbayah...feel the feelings maannnnn....hey I tried to have feelings with my infamous "Happy Thread" but they keep closing it on me....so it's back to no feelings :eek:k:

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
wow... This "Sell-Out" word has been the most overused and mis-used word for the last Year or 2.. Im starting to believe some people don't know what a Sell-Out is.

I guess everyone on dnforum.com is a sellout then :bandit:

OK I might have used the wrong term here, but I get annoyed when people maintain that domains should only be used to make money with, or should be sold if the offer is high enough. Sure, I buy and sell domains myself, and I realize for some of us this is a business, but I also realize that domains are also used for other things besides generating cash.

So instead, I'll say... Good for this guy for not bowing to the pressures and temptations of easy money and sticking to his original concept in this case.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That homefry should sell it to me...same thing with Chris.com..or I'm gonna do voodoo on them.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus, did u try for purple.com or someother name?
Just found that the guy Jeff( owner of purple.com) is a research Associate in Drexel University.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he wont sell and neither will the dude that owns chris.com....not even for a million dollars he said in previous emails...

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any of the domains mentioned above could easily be acquired for one million dollars.

He just knows you aren't going to offer him one million dollars. But if a serious buyer comes along and puts fourth that type of offer I would make a heavy bet that the domain would sell.

Everyone has their price.

The only problem I see is that none of these domains are worth anywhere near that amount in my opinion.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question here which fits this situation:
suppose a person isnt using the domain(forgotten domain) and the domain expires.
will it go to ther person who has backordered it or will it go in the auction like that of Pool, snapnames?
And if person A back ordered the name 4 months ago and Person B did it two days ago, who will have preference over the name( if they have at all)?
thanks for reading

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Stock.com could be doing a lot more than it's doing now. I'm not sure if the company that owns it realizes that it no longer forwards to their web site?

Something is wrong with a DirectNIC parking page for a domain of that quality.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are just waiting for DirectNIC to update the nameservers! lol (if anyone has ever had to wait 2 weeks for them too)

email the guy that owns Chris.com and offer him $1 mil, he wont take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom