• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
is the term CPU still used quite as much as the term computer.

I am asking because is there a plurl for cpu, like cpus

I wouldn't use this, but if you wanted to say gateway computers, could it be gatewaycpus.com or would it just be gatewaycpu.com

Just wondering

Thanks
bryan
 
CPUs are mostly Intel or Motorola - and doesn't work as a stand in for PC or computer IMO, but what the heck - a sufix is a sufix :)
 
thanks

I was asking because of the dialogue going on about tablet computers

i didn't want to register tablecpus.com, cuz it looks strange and might not have any basis. However, tabletcpu.com makes alot more sense. We will see.
 
You should research it more Bryan. Find out if the CPU's in the new machines will be user replaceable, etc. Still, I would think parts will be handled as just one of many items by general computer retailers, so I think it would have very limited possibilities.
 
Well, how I am looking at it, is this will probably be the latest technological craze for a while, or even a long time and there will be corporations, firms, ect.. looking to get domains that deal with the tablet pc's. If tablet computer can be a hot term, and cpu stands for the short version of computer, then i am sure there are some peeps out there in this world that would be interested in a short tablet domain like the one i registered. It may not get the search terms like tablet computer does, but I am going to give it time and see the options it may get. You might be right, it might not get even a $20 offer, but then again, to the right person, it could get a $1000 offer.

This is just my opinion on the situation. i am in no means an expert in the field of technology.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom