Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
today I thought was the time to do a normal reformat of my PC to keep things running smoothly, backed up files, things went wrong from there!

Booted up computer from windows XP CDRom and followed all steps like usual, came to selecting where to install, I saw 2 seperate partitions and thought I had made a mistake last time I reformatted so I deleted partition 2, just afterwards I realised I made a huge mistake, that was all the data on my USB pendrive gone.

Next, I tried the USB pen in my laptop and it wouldnt open nor format so I thought I would restart the windows installation, create a partition on the pendrive then install windows as usual, I hit the reset button on the tower, the power on the computer goes and wont come back on, USB devices are still lit up, Its a hardware problem now.

Aghh Im so stressed out, I guess I gotta get my screwdrivers out tommorow, For now and maybe for a little while im stuck on my 1997 IBM Thinkpad with 128MB Ram and im lucky right now, I have firefox AND msn messenger open, the only downside is I have no explorer, I have to end it before msn and firefox will run together, once it starts the computer stops!!

I just thought I would share this with you all allthough you dont care! :-D

Domain Days 2024

monkeyhead

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My pc packed up and said good bye a few months back too. All that remains is the hardrive and the case. Man I miss my pc:eek:hwell:
Putting a new one together soon hopefully.
Matt

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends

Just for sharing. I usually do reformat my window once a month or more if I feel my PC run slowly. I use windows XP SP2. It's very important to rename your partition. For example if you have 2 partition. Name The first partition with "program" (this is a place to install all your program include windows) and second partition with "DATA" (place to save your document).

So when you reformat your PC with your bootable CD, you will see two seperate partition with different name. You only need to format the partition where you install your previous window.

And also do not forget to forget to backup your data in CD or DVD.

Best Regards
Edy Subiyanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom