Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Confirming All Domain Drop/Catch Services ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the new services of NameJet coming on the domain drop/catch scene, I just want to confirm with you seasoned veterans out there, the main providers out there for the domain drop/catch service:

Pool.com
SnapNames.com
NameJet.com
TDNAM.com

I understand TDNAM is a GoDaddy service that allows names to be picked up that were not renewed, but they don't wait 'til these names hit 'pending delete' status, right?

Also, with the GoDaddy $19.95 backorder service, I was told by GoDaddy that only 1 person can pay the $19.95 back order fee for a name that is with GoDaddy if someone is already signed up for the backorder, that person automatically gets the name ... problem is that I put that same name in my SnapNames account and SnapNames actually acquired the name that was previously registered with GoDaddy ... any thoughts on this?

Lastly, is it true that if one wants a name, regardless of what registrar the name is dropping from that they should list that name in all drop/catch accounts (SnapNames, Pool, NameJet, etc.)?

Thanks!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with me

I backordered a name with godaddy and also duplicated at snapnames for shits and giggles

Snapnames won !!!

Godaddy is useless

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy back orders will only guarantee you a name that is backorder before it goes into the deletion cycle and that no-one bids on at tdnam (and that godaddy don't decide to keep, which I don't think they do yet).

There might be some exceptions but I think this is probably the case.

In competition with the other drop services, they rarely (if ever) win.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has been my experience that if a name is popular (ie. PageRank, good generic .com name, etc.) that SnapNames acquires these names. Pool.com does get a lot of names, but more that delete from obscure registrars.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, if I backorder with Godaddy BEFORE it expires, before it hits the PENDING DELETE cycle, will I get the name even if the name doesnt go to TDNAM

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, if I backorder with Godaddy BEFORE it expires, before it hits the PENDING DELETE cycle, will I get the name even if the name doesnt go to TDNAM

I believe so. But it is before it hits the deletion cycle, not the "pending delete cycle", ie before it goes into redemption period, and not before it goes into pending delete status.

It might slip up on some though. I seem to remember reading a thread where someone claimed it failed to get a domain name even though backordered before hitting Redemption Grace Period. I do find this hard to understand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom