Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Conflict of Interest with one of my advertisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickle22

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A vendor who advertises on my site (which is a forum) recently started up his own forum in direct competition with my site and now that its time for renewal I'm not sure of the legal ways of rejecting his business.

I certainly hate to turn the business away, but he's now a direct threat to my business. :(

Any suggestions on the legal way of turning his business away?

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the exact agreement for? Is it for a particular domain? Or does it give him free reign to change domains on you? If you didn't agree to let him change domains on you, I don't see why you should feel bad about turning away his business, if it's going to hurt you.

I think we really need to know what your agreement is with that advertiser to help you further.

pickle22

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's really no formal agreement or written contract.

He pays x amount of dollars per month and his banners are displayed in equal rotation with other advertisers banners.

He never changed domains, he still uses the original domain that he had when he signed up with me over a year ago. He sells a product and uses my forum to promote his product. Now in addition to sellilng the product he also went ahead and started his own forum to promote his product.

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not illegal to reject business. Just say, sorry your site has now become competitive with mine and I would rather not show your banners. Or jack your price up to him, so it is worth more to show his banners than run your forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom