Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Confusing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Congratulations,

A new Moniker registrar account has been automatically created for you. You now have access to your manage.snapnames.com registrar account through Moniker.com!

Both my Moniker & Snapnames accounts work just fine. What is this email about?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both my Moniker & Snapnames accounts work just fine. What is this email about?
Snapnames (Manage.Snapnames.com) apparently is going to stop catching the drops wins.

It looks like your manage.snapnames account will cease and they were gracious enough to create an additional Moniker account for you instead of just putting the names into your existing account.

That is what I like about this business.

Do something and THEN tell you what they did.

And the do it all for you, the domainer.

Last edited:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Preceding that email I received this one:

Dear manage.snapnames.com registrar account holder:

SnapNames has been working to revise and enhance the system we provide you to access and manage your domain names across multiple registrar accounts. Our new system launches today, and we want to explain how the new system works and provide you details on the transition.

The new system is hosted by and accessed through our sister company, Moniker. This arrangement provides you a wider range of options for managing, protecting and monetizing your names, all backed up by our industry-leading support team.

It’s important to note your names have not been transferred from their current registrars to the Moniker registrar. The new system is merely hosted by Moniker, so going forward, you will access your account via the Moniker website.

How will this transition work?

1. Within the next 24 hours, a new Moniker account under your name will be automatically created for you. Access to your SnapNames registrar accounts via the usual interface will then be discontinued.

2. As soon as your account at Moniker is created, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Moniker, followed by a second email containing additional instructions. For security reasons, these e-mails will NOT contain your password. (If you don’t see an e-mail from Moniker, please check your Spam or Junk folder.)

3. Follow the instructions in the second e-mail to request a password from Moniker.

4. After you receive your new password, you can login to your new account at www.moniker.com at anytime.

5. If you already have an account at Moniker, you can choose to consolidate all accounts under one account for ease of use (See the FAQ).

If you have questions, please check our Frequently Asked Questions for immediate answers. Additional questions can be addressed through our customer service team at [email protected], or by phone at 1-866-690-6279.

We’re confident you will continue to benefit from this convenient domain name management system, as well as from Moniker’s industry-leading suite of registration services.

Thank you for your continued business.

Best regards,
Rob McClinton
Director, Sales & Support SnapNames & Moniker
SnapNames.com, Inc.
1600 SW 4th Ave, Suite 400
Portland, OR 97201
1-(866)690-6279

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks mvl. Never got that email. Hopefully JrzGrl will grace us with her beautiful smile tomorrow to help diffuse the fears of an impeding account clusterf*ck.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to push your domains from your "new" moniker account to your "old" moniker account without getting "errors" ?? mine still show UDOMAINNAME.COM LLC as the registrar in the whois for the 5 I have left there though they are showing up in my new moniker account..
Acro your right..let Bari staighten it out

jim

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is very easy - Snapnames will use for managing their dropcatching shell registrars Moniker panel instead of Logicboxes panel. Prelude for this was Directi/Answerable pulled their shell registrars out from Snapnames. Next we might see Directi setting dropcatching service...?

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got it also. I new something was up when most of the service/solutions links were disabled or didn't work on their site.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went through it. You go to the link (in the second email) and it takes you to Moniker's site and askes you to enter in your Snapnames email.

I did that and it sent me my login and PW for the account created in Moniker. I didn't have any domains w/ Snap so there is nothing in there.

If Jrzygrl wants to PM me, I can send her my account # and she can delete it since it will be a useless and redundant account.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not stand jumping through hoops and standing on my head while balancing an elephant with my feet to secure domains that are mine.

# Log into each account created through the consolidation, select all domains in that account by clicking in the check box, and perform a "domain push" to your primary Moniker account number (see screen shot below)

I am unable to log into each at the same time.

Q: Which SnapNames registrars now managed by the Moniker interface?

Adomainofyourown.com Allearthdomains.com Allworldnames.com AtlanticFriendNames.com Atomicdomainnames.com Baronofdomains.com Beartrapdomains.com Belmontdomains.com Betterthanaveragedomains.com Biglizarddomains.com Bullrundomains.com Burnsidedomains.com ColumbiaNames.com Compuglobalhypermega.com Deschutesdomains.com Domainamania.com Domainarmada.com DomainCannon.com Domaincapitan.com Domaincomesaround.com Domaingazelle.com Domainhawks.net Domainhysteria.com Domaininthebasket.com Domaininthehole.com Domainjungle.net Domainparkblock.com Domainraker.net DomainRoyale.com DomainSails.net DomainSalsa.com Domainsareforever.net Domainsinthebag.com Domainsofcourse.com Domainsoftheday.net Domainsoftheworld.net Domainsofvalue.com Domainsouffle.com Domainsoverboard.com Domainsovereigns.com DomainSprouts.com Domainstreetdirect.com Domainsurgeon.com Domaintimemachine.com Domainyeti.com Duckbilleddomains.com EUNameFlood.com EUNamesOregon.com EuropeanConnectionOnline.com EurotrashNames.com EUTurbo.com Finduaname.com Findyouadomain.com Findyouaname.com Flancrestnames.com Freshbreweddomains.com Frontstreetdomains.com GateKeeperDomains.net Godomaingo.com Goserveyourdomain.com Gozerdomains.com Gradeadomainnames.com Hawthornedomains.com Heavydomains.net Imminentdomains.net Interlakenames.com Iserveyourdomain.com Klaatudomains.com Lakeodomains.com Masterofmydomains.net Microbreweddomains.com Mvpdomainnames.com Mypreciousdomain.com Namearsenal.com Namecroc.com Nameemperor.com Namefinger.com Namepanther.com Namesalacarte.com Namevolcano.com NotSoFamousNames.com Octopusdomains.net OldTownDomains.com OldWorldAliases.com OregonEU.com Oregonurls.com Pdxprivatenames.com PearlNamingService.com PortlandNames.com Protondomains.com Rainydaydomains.com Sammamishdomains.com Santiamdomains.com Savethename.com Silverbackdomains.com Sitefrenzy.com Skykomishdomains.com Snappyregistrar.com Snoqulamiedomains.com Soyouwantadomain.com Thirdfloordns.com Udamain.com Udomainname.com WillametteNames.com Youdamain.com ZigZagNames.com

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not stand jumping through hoops and standing on my head while balancing an elephant with my feet to secure domains that are mine.

# Log into each account created through the consolidation, select all domains in that account by clicking in the check box, and perform a "domain push" to your primary Moniker account number (see screen shot below)

I am unable to log into each at the same time.

Q: Which SnapNames registrars now managed by the Moniker interface?

Adomainofyourown.com Allearthdomains.com Allworldnames.com AtlanticFriendNames.com Atomicdomainnames.com Baronofdomains.com Beartrapdomains.com Belmontdomains.com Betterthanaveragedomains.com Biglizarddomains.com Bullrundomains.com Burnsidedomains.com ColumbiaNames.com Compuglobalhypermega.com Deschutesdomains.com Domainamania.com Domainarmada.com DomainCannon.com Domaincapitan.com Domaincomesaround.com Domaingazelle.com Domainhawks.net Domainhysteria.com Domaininthebasket.com Domaininthehole.com Domainjungle.net Domainparkblock.com Domainraker.net DomainRoyale.com DomainSails.net DomainSalsa.com Domainsareforever.net Domainsinthebag.com Domainsofcourse.com Domainsoftheday.net Domainsoftheworld.net Domainsofvalue.com Domainsouffle.com Domainsoverboard.com Domainsovereigns.com DomainSprouts.com Domainstreetdirect.com Domainsurgeon.com Domaintimemachine.com Domainyeti.com Duckbilleddomains.com EUNameFlood.com EUNamesOregon.com EuropeanConnectionOnline.com EurotrashNames.com EUTurbo.com Finduaname.com Findyouadomain.com Findyouaname.com Flancrestnames.com Freshbreweddomains.com Frontstreetdomains.com GateKeeperDomains.net Godomaingo.com Goserveyourdomain.com Gozerdomains.com Gradeadomainnames.com Hawthornedomains.com Heavydomains.net Imminentdomains.net Interlakenames.com Iserveyourdomain.com Klaatudomains.com Lakeodomains.com Masterofmydomains.net Microbreweddomains.com Mvpdomainnames.com Mypreciousdomain.com Namearsenal.com Namecroc.com Nameemperor.com Namefinger.com Namepanther.com Namesalacarte.com Namevolcano.com NotSoFamousNames.com Octopusdomains.net OldTownDomains.com OldWorldAliases.com OregonEU.com Oregonurls.com Pdxprivatenames.com PearlNamingService.com PortlandNames.com Protondomains.com Rainydaydomains.com Sammamishdomains.com Santiamdomains.com Savethename.com Silverbackdomains.com Sitefrenzy.com Skykomishdomains.com Snappyregistrar.com Snoqulamiedomains.com Soyouwantadomain.com Thirdfloordns.com Udamain.com Udomainname.com WillametteNames.com Youdamain.com ZigZagNames.com

This sucks.
Now I feel the need to move names away from moniker. DynaDot I hear offers discounts on bulk transfers. Anybody know what that offer is, if there is one?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, the instructions are incomplete for those not familiar with the moniker system.

No where does in the instructions does it tell you to obtain your security code/authorization.

You will need to obtain this FROM THE ACCOUNT BEING TRANSFERRED TO under security settings.

Unless you open two different browsers (IE and FF etc) you will not be able to log into both accounts at once. Be prepared for copying and pasting (or dragging) information from both accounts, your primary and created.

This sucks.
Now I feel the need to move names away from moniker. DynaDot I hear offers discounts on bulk transfers. Anybody know what that offer is, if there is one?
This is a sucky way of doing things. Perhaps they feel it was easier on them (of course it was) to simply create a moniker account and then let us figure out how to retrieve names. I very rarely transfer anything out and I am totally unfamiliar with their interface for doing this (as well as push).

That is why, when following the instructions per the link, it did not and would not work.

I post this information for those that are unfamiliar with the process.

Do not rely on instructions provided.

This is the link and instructions I am referring to:

http://www.snapnames.com/migrationFAQ.html

Last edited:

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you receive your new Moniker accounts?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Boys - Sorry for the delay in posting a reply. Please be aware this migration wasn’t to confuse or upset anyone. It was done for better domain management of your domain names.

I appreciate everyone's input. I know this was a bit of a surprise however after activating your new account there should be no problem with access to your domain names. If you do experience any issues, obviously I’d like to know so we can them resolved right away. As always, please feel free to email directly should the need arise.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari. Will this new account be more comprehensive than the previous SnapNames control panel? I dream of a more streamlined way to manage my SnapNames purchases. In fact I would put a lot more money into SnapNames each month if I knew that consolidating all of these drops into my main Moniker account would be made easier. Chasing down authorization codes can be extremely tough with some of these companies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Any domains I get via Snapnames, I never manage them via their central panel, I go to each registrar instead. The confusing part is: does this new account affect or replace my Snapnames account - the one I use to log into Snapnames to place orders and/or bid?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any domains I get via Snapnames, I never manage them via their central panel, I go to each registrar instead. The confusing part is: does this new account affect or replace my Snapnames account - the one I use to log into Snapnames to place orders and/or bid?

In most cases I was never able to manage domains via the Snap control panel. When I clicked the "Manage" link button, it would generally forward me to the index page of the registrar, or an error page where the registrar used to be (e.g. Domus). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom