Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Consequence of lying in UDRP procedure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just discovered that although the complainant pled that they held a trademark since a specified pre UDRP date they now appear not to have had such a foreign trademark as they have had to change their priority date on their US Application. If I find this conclusively what legal effect could it have, i.e. could I reopen the matter at WIPO, or could I use it as ammo in a US Court action ?. And please no names thank you.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you can always stay the effect of an adverse UDRP ruling by filing an ACPA action, you could introduce any and all relevant, admissible evidence. Of course, going to Federal court with an ACPA action is something that would only be justified to retain a very valuable domain.

In regard to ACPA, I really need to find out what the position would be on Costs if I were to lose. Would I stand to have to pay the other sides Attorney fees, or does each side bear their own Attorney fees win or lose ?.

DG

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Attorneys fees are likely to go to the prevailing party in an ACPA case; however, the court has discretion on the amount. Your ACPA lawyer will need to "handicap" your likelihood of prevailing. If, as you say, there was actual fraud in procuring the UDRP claim, proof of that would certainly up your chances of keeping the domain and recovering your attorney fees. Feel free to pm me.

And Hal, feel free to give me a call sometime! It's been too long.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Attorneys fees are likely to go to the prevailing party in an ACPA case; however, the court has discretion on the amount. Your ACPA lawyer will need to "handicap" your likelihood of prevailing. If, as you say, there was actual fraud in procuring the UDRP claim, proof of that would certainly up your chances of keeping the domain and recovering your attorney fees. Feel free to pm me.

And Hal, feel free to give me a call sometime! It's been too long.

Thanks for the info. In fact they already have the domain. Is there any time limit to invoke the ACPA ,or is there another Tort other than ACPA I could use in US Courts. Let me say the Barcelona case fits mine like a glove.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom