Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Considering Name drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering moving my domains from sedo to ND.

Do I have to optimize each domains, or do ND have rep/manager who do this on your behalf?

I think I have about 500 domains at sedo and I can not imagine optimizing each domains :(

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, seems that ND gets most favorable reviews from their users compare to
other Parking sites.

Until now, I didn't bother with parked domains.
I considered it as just holding place until I decide what to do with domain.
But, now, there are too many domains doing nothing.

So, I decided to try out ND.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is so endearing about ND?

I mean, they have some great landers sure... but the Earnings there are TERRIBLE.

I have a couple domains there that has had 97 clicks this month for a GRAND total of $4 bucks.

FOUR BUCKS from a hundred clicks!!!

That's what 4 cents per click average?

I also have domains at Sedo, and while Sedo is going to crap for CPC, they make more than 4 cents.

Fabulous is dooing poorly.

KlickerZ hasn't been paying very well.

ParkItNow isn't blowing up my skirt either.

The only seemingly positive Parking experience I am having right now is at Domain Sponsor which is making much better revenue than both Sedo and ND combined.

I don't really think it matters WHERE you go right now... PPC is down. I think that DS just has better focus and converts better, therefore better earnings.

Good luck in your search.

GoPC

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find DS really crap, and earnings at parked are great, they dont appear to be affected by the rollercoaster google programs.

ND landers are some of the best in the industry, but the earnings are as bad as sedo.

Fabulous are yesterdays news once online gambling took a nose dive, I dont think they will ever recover. However news of a takeover on the grapevine, so let hope it happens.

Trafficz has also gone south.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if they are all crap... WHERE has the GOOD parking gone?

GoPC

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say Sedo is a fairly nice parking site compared to others for most of the domains. What others pay in dollars, sedo pays same in euro, from my domain parking experience. But Sedo must bring attractive templates, they have less choice.
Have anyone tried premiumtraffic.com?

Parked is ok for payment but they have only one type of template, i would say. And that's not really attractive:-/ .

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to care about templates, but at the end of the day some of them can be so busy with crap that takes away the quick click by the surfer.

Keep it simple.. For 2 years I have been testing parking programs with some serious analytics and Portal Pages and the Simple Link List pages have a Higher CTR.

Programs with so many menu links and obscure designs just end up loosing the surfer that they end up just hitting their home button.

People want information and they want it fast, you have but a few seconds to capture them, give them too many options and its sensory overload.

Simple Parking = http://dnparked.com/search.php

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo kinda optimizes it for you. (parked do state automatic optimization)

But the rule with all parking programs are..

If you want to make more then you got to put in the time to research your domains to ensure they are hitting the target demographic.

Saying that out of about 3000 domains I only needed to change the keywords of a handfull

t.valov

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

for some East European extensions ND pays more (USD0.09 PPC on average against EUR0.02-0.05 @Sedo). And for some others it's just the opposite (e.g. most of .fr). A lot of clicks with 0.00 revenue received @ND (earning less then one cent)?!. But they have better templates in my opinion.

Greetings.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The effectiveness and earnings of a parking program really depends on several factors. Google vs Yahoo being one of them. It is true that some Yahoo programs are doing great in certain (mainly English-speaking) areas. However, a lot of Yahoo feeds took a dive towards the end of 06 making them less attractive than previously.
Mr. NameStrands certainly has a long history of testing parking programs and his comments are respected across this board. The type of traffic you have is really something to take into consideration. Due to Google's larger scope, international traffic tends to do better than on a Yahoo feed. When it comes to English-language traffic, it is often a toss-up between Yahoo and Google feeds, with various sectors doing better on either feed.
Each portfolio performs differently to the next and quantitiy of clicks does not necessarily mean quality of clicks, which leads to higher PPC. We certainly don't want to hide behind pretty pages if the earnings are not what you'd like to see. What want to deliver quality pages and performance.

I know there are a variety of opinions about ND, as there are about all parking programs out there. We have our fans as much as we have our detractors. Our job is simply to try to ensure we have more of the former than the latter. It is certainly worth testing your traffic to see how things pan out for your domains on our system compared to others.

Ed

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, what makes a profit for you makes a profit for the parking programs.

Its always a tough call with the winners and the loosers, but without testing them all you will never know what is best for you for that month.

It is true that some programs work better than others for different market sectors and geo-location, you just have to find the one that works for you overall.

PPC fluctuates so rapidly it really is somewhat of a lottery to get real concrete proof that Google is Better than Yahoo. The only way to do this is in real time, whereas you spread your traffic equally over several programs and at the end of the month whatever program earns you the most then stick with that for 2 months and then do it all again.

I like to assume that programs like Parked and Namedrive actually pay you a percentage of the actual PPC from the respective programs unlike SEDO who pay based on some chaos theory of perceived revenue.

Parking programs really need to start offering incentive bonuses, whereas if you park for 3 months you get a 20% bonus on top of your earnings.

So, say month one you earn $100 and month 2 you earn $100 and month 3 you earn $100 your payment on month 3 would be $160 - $100 + $60 bonus ($20 for each of the 3 months)

The established programs can afford to share upto 87% in favour of the parker, very few go above 50% and therefore after recouping R&D costs in the first year it would be more profitable for them to give the lions share to the domainer in the long term.

Stick with the programs who do not have so many investors otherwise you tend to get a smaller piece of the pie, due to investors taking out dividends.

Programs are valued not just by the turnover, but also by its client base; the more clients the more turnover; even if you are paying more than 50% rev share, also the more Clients the more likely the program can negotiate a larger share from the feed.

SEDO has the largest google share than all the other programs, yet the domainer never sees it.

2007 should be the year of the domainer as without domainers there are no parking programs, without parking programs there will always be domainers.

Dont expect the programs to do the work for you, take the time to research each of your OWN domains and target them correctly. The programs do not have the manpower to do your names justice. Treat domaining like you would do any investment. Monitor the market and pick up on the trends, if your domains are not doing more than reg fee a year then its time to cut loose or develop.

What I want from 2007 is a parking program to converge with an affiliate program. PPC links down one side and 2 or 3 relative CPA links down the other and of course more transparency with all the programs being audited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom