Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

contacting end-users WHO & HOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicko

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a newbe I have domains that could be valuable to a end-user How and Who do you try to make contact with and how would you put your deal accross.

Help Appreciated

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you email them or call them. Ask them if they would be interested to invest in a domain name as their online marketing strategy.

SonnyBurnett

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have build a large database with many companies and organizations...I email them or call them.

Every transaction I use Escrow.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is from an old post of mine that you might find interesting...

The plan is quite simple: Google the domain name/subject, find the companies who might want the name & email them. I started with these 10 names below & sent out approx. 40 emails total. Way too few but I did get one sale (for $299). It's a numbers game.

You have to work with what you've got. In my case, they are not great names - all are just recent hand regs and are .net & .org (fyi - most of these names, when posted, garnered zero response in the appraisal section here). AdvertizeOnline.net, AnimatedGraphics.org, AutomobileRepairs.org, BusDriving.net, CareerPrograms.org, ConferenceRecording.org, ConstructionPlanning.org, CriminalDefenseFirm.net, EngineeringService.org, FlowersInBloom.org

I registered these names so I guess it's either develop them, just hold on to them & hope for parking revenue, let them lapse or get off my butt, get out there & try to sell them. I believe in my names (don't we all) & I know there is someone, somewhere, that would like each one of these.

FYI - Samples of my sales emails (I'm sure you can do better):
Subject: <DomainName> is Now Available
Hello,
I am the owner of the domain name <DomainName> and have recently decided to put it up for sale. I have already received some inquires.
A number of people looking for you, in need of <DomainName> services or are interested in this subject simply type this name into the URL bar directly, foregoing the search engines all together.
I thought you would want to know that <DomainName> is now available. Please feel free to email me an offer at <[email protected]> or ask any questions.
Thank you,
Name
Address
Phone number

OR perhaps something like:
Hi,
The domain name <DomainName.com> is now available for only $XXX (US). The name receives natural type-in traffic from those interested in <Subject> so it makes sense that you should own the name. You could then, of course, redirect the traffic to your own site if you wished.
Transfer would be fast & smooth. Let me know if you want it and I'll unlock the name & supply you the authinfo code. As I'm sure you know, you simply supply that info to your registrar and complete transfer takes about 3-5 days. Payment to me would be via secure PayPal.com - my account is this address: YourEmailAddy.net
Internet addresses are like property, valuable pieces of real estate and I believe a storefront like <DomainName.com> will retail in the $xx,xxx range in just a few years. $XXX is a very low price and I thought you might be interested.
Thank you.
Name
Address
Phone number

& best of luck to you.

dicko

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, Great info

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom