Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Contacting Old owner of a Name I caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted some feedback on this, today I snapped the oldest travel domain in the world, Online since 1994, I say "the oldest" because this is what they show at archives.

I have the contact info for the company that used to own the domain,should I try and contact them or just wait to be contacted ?

thanks for any input.

jay

Domain Days 2024

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contacting them will in most cases result in a not so profitable sell. If you allow them to contact you if they desire to do so gives you the upperhand in negotiation. Not to say contacting endusers is a bad thing it's just in a situation such as this where they owned or mabey even think they still own the name its a good rule of thumb atleast from my experience.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice namemogul

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This question pops up from time to time ... in my view, the best thing to do is to hold and wait.

Contacting a former registrant can open a nasty can of worms ... even possibly lead to a UDRP / lawsuit situation ... again, it's often best to let them make the first move.

Ron

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NP I did alot of this sort of thing last year. I would first email and let them know it was for sale and ask for offers. Alot of times I would get some very agry people who more or less would say they would piss on my grave before they bought the name..lol Others would make really low ball offers or not respond at all.

Domagon said:
This question pops up from time to time ... in my view, the best thing to do is to hold and wait.

Contacting a former registrant can open a nasty can of worms ... even possibly lead to a UDRP / lawsuit situation ... again, it's often best to let them make the first move.

Ron

Yep, I even had one guy from the UK threaten to pull a reverse hijacking on me. Saying he was going to go file for a trademark and come after me. I sold the name to the owner of the .co.uk and sent him an email telling him best of luck with his trademark filing..lol

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha. some people are crazy, well I hope I get contacted, I will wait it out, I think they will contact me as they owned the site for over 12 years.
thanks alot.

jay

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They might have stopped operations.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe, you never know.
i just put up a travel affiliate site so if they did stop, hopefully it will get some traffic and make some $

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom