Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Contacting possible end-users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embrand

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a name that I would like to market to possible end-users. My plan is to send emails to a number of companies that uses similar domains.

The domain is a VCVC.com, and although it does not have a generic meaning, it is used by a lot of companies all over the world because it is short for a number of meanings.

I am aware some companies have trademarks for the term in the US and maybe a few other countries. But since my domain is from 1992 and currently points to a Sedo sales page (not a parking page), I feel I am quite safe contacting these companies.

Or am I wrong? Do I risk that they will use my email to try to take it away from me?

Any input much appreciated :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you don't know the risks, then you shouldn't be soliciting

imo...

NameBrandable

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also you can look-up US trademarks and learn more about trademark rules at the US Patent & Trademark office: uspto.gov

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's legally tricky so look it up.

For example if you owned Camel.com, you could market it safely as a generic to camel (the animal) dealors, but you could not market it to Camel Tobacco dealors or RJ Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom