Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Context advertising ... thought it was spyware at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was visiting today and saw the weird underlined links ... noticed the same thing on another computer related site yesterday so I thought my computer caught some spyware.

A big thank you to the person that posted about this in the tech sub-forum ... DNForum should put an announcement up explaining the underlined links are part of their advertising and not a problem with people's computers.

On an aside, it appears DNForum is disperate for revenue if it has to turn to spyware-like tactics.

I characterize it as spyware-like, since posts, including mine, now contain links I did NOT intend ... and many to sites I do NOT visit; particularly not pleased seeing "email" in my posts underlined linked elsewhere.

Lastly, at this point I'd be very leery of ever conducting business through this forum ... sure I'll still use PM, post, etc here, but less often ... I definitely will never purchase any products/services from DNForum for a long time after this ... trust is very important ... I feel that trust between DNForum and its visitors/members has been broken with posts being altered without express permission of their authors.

Ron

Upvote 0

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw that thread, and would have replied there, but the thread is locked.

If DNForum want to lock/delete this thread, so be it ...

I'm just very surprised DNForum would turn to such tactics ... I figured DNForum was doing at least $10K to $20K per month in revenues ... either my estimate is way off or their expenses are way higher than what one would expect for a site of this size.

For example, I run a network of cannabis related sites (Marihemp Network) and it does 5-figures/month in revenues with traditional advertising (banners / text ads, etc) - point is I'd expect DNForum, with it's very business oriented audience, to be doing much, much more in revenues ... if not, someone is dropping the ball somewhere, but I'm really digressing now LOL!

Ron

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all please feel free to check other major forums that use this overture approved format. It is hardly spyware as its all server side.

Second of all, DNforum is not desperate for the cash as you say.

Third, you are entitled to your opinion.

-=DCG=-

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Lastly, at this point I'd be very leery of ever conducting business through this forum ... sure I'll still use PM, post, etc here, but less often ... I definitely will never purchase any products/services from DNForum for a long time after this ... trust is very important ... I feel that trust between DNForum and its visitors/members has been broken with posts being altered without express permission of their authors.

Ron

Ron, I agree that prior announcement would have been a good idea - it's hindsight, but why do you view it as a matter of trust broken?
Sure we would prefer not to see ads anywhere, except maybe ours, but I can't see anything that makes this a big deal, nowhere can the ads be construed as our comments.
The content of the ads are limited in subject and you don't have to click on them if you don't want to.
It's a trial and DCG has re-loaded the free invitations again as a bonus to everyone for accepting the trial, that will be good news to many members.

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
an annoucement would have been nice. Secondly It is actually slowing my browsing down by actually pausing for several seconds while it loads. And everytime i accidentally mouse over a highlighted word my browser window formatting changes.

Just trying to provide some feedback to your Test

[Mod Edit - Moved to existing subject thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom