Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Converting normal eNom account into reseller account

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I have always believed that you get what you pay for, so I've been happily paying my $29 a name for my eNom registrations all this time. But some dnfers have suggested I go reseller since I can get much better pricing. I don't want to resell names but I can sure benefit from a lower price. I'm planning for a massive migration of my .info and .biz names from other registrars to eNom this month, and I would like to add the number of years to at least 50% of my best names to reach 2012. It's going to be a costly exercise at $29 a pop so I would appreciate any advice.

Do I lose any main account functionality and priviledges by being a reseller?

Can I transfer names with a reseller account at a lower cost vs the $29 I pay now for each transfer?

Is it mandatory I set up a RegistryRocket or PDQ account once I become a "reseller"? The last thing I want is to foot up a massive bill for someone coming into my PDQ with a fraudulent/stolen cc and me having to pay for the mess.

Any experiences/knowledge you can share will be much appreciated. Thanks.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole,

Your current account from enom can be converted to reseller (ETP) status as you pay them for $6950 for 6.50 price.

It is not mandatory to run rocketregistry or using their API. This is added service provided by enom. And also for PDQ, you can only use this template service as you pay them $99 annual fee.

I have experienced in my PDQ, fraud transaction can be reverse back. You don't have to worry about it. Your commission is on hold for number of days for them (Enom) to check if transaction is valid. If not, they will delete the domain and deduct the commission before you can cashout your commission.

If you have other question, feel free to send me pm.

Regards,
tw

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want the $6.95 price, you'll have to put $6,950 on deposit with eNom. For $3,975 you can get $7.95 pricing. You draw against the funds on deposit as you register, transfer, and renew.

If neither of those options make sense given the number of domain names you will be renewing, you can get an account with $8.95 pricing from just about any eNom reseller (myself included) for free. This can be either a retail account or a reseller account.

The main difference for you is that retail accounts are pay-as-you-go, while reseller accounts require you to put funds on deposit and draw against them as you register and renew.

The pricing applies to new registrations, transfers, and renewals.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear that you are finally considering setting up a reseller account at eNom instead of paying them $29.95 per name.

As a reseller, your account is actually more powerful, and the best thing about this is that you DON'T need to resell domains at all. You may simply take it as a bulk purchase account.

The only difference is that you'll need to FUND your account BEFORE registering any domain name. But then you don't really need to go for $6.95 by committing thousands of dollars. You could easily get $9.95 pricing by depositing as low as $100. That is already 67% off your current rate!

Personally, I do NOT recommend getting a sub-reseller account from another eNom reseller.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the same domain moves as mole, and have been contacted by eNom about this. When you add $ to your account, does this automatically give you the lower prices (than $29), or is there a special place to click for this? I already have an ordinary eNom account with about 15 names.

A

airnike764

You can just go to godaddy.com and pay $8.95 for a name

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by airnike764
You can just go to godaddy.com and pay $8.95 for a name
I also have a GoDaddy account, but eNom seems to have stacks more benefits, such as domain lock and free URL forwarding etc.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
I'm considering the same domain moves as mole, and have been contacted by eNom about this. When you add $ to your account, does this automatically give you the lower prices (than $29), or is there a special place to click for this? I already have an ordinary eNom account with about 15 names.

fizz,

You can go direct to enom as ETP reseller with the following price break.

$6950 for 6.95 domain price
$3950 for 7.95 domain price
$495 for 8.95 domain price

or FREE 8.95 reseller account from ETP partner. Let's say you get an reseller account from me or any enom ETP of 8.95, as reseller you need to refill (via credit card, paypal and cheque) your account to purchase a domain name for the price of 8.95/year.
Then you can push your 15 domains to your reseller account with no additional cost, as long as in enom network.

Let me know if you want a reseller account so I can create one for you.

Cheers,
tw

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would recommend to go for the $495 for 8.95 domain price. If you later decide to go further with your business then contact eNom and ask for a deal, or find a ETP that has good reputation. I can create a $8.95 account for you and will never raise prices. www.domainresell.biz is has good reputation too.

M

mole

Thanks everyone for your guidance and advice. I have a very good picture now on what to do.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason people get low prices is that people should not require a lot of support if they know what they are doing. And to compete you have to have a low price these days. You simply change the DNS settings or forward your domain and then that's about it you're good to go until renewal time. The only time people complain about registrars or resellers is when it comes transfer time. And i'll be the first to admit the higher priced the registrar the harder they make it to get away from them (then again i'm sure this law may hold for any "loosing registrar"). I would never admit I was still paying $29 on a domain forum where so many people give away $8.95 accounts for free, but I at one point paid $35/yr up until I found out about namecheap on webhostingtalk.com There was a lot I did not understand or trust about cheaper domains when I had been brainwashed into thinking that you had to pay a lot per year to really be confident your domain was in good hands and I did not know how people were getting cheaper domain prices. Just because you are a reseller does not mean Enom treats you any different than the $29 customers. I've received good service and support so far enough to want to move all of my domains there.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
...I at one point paid $35/yr up until I found out about namecheap on webhostingtalk.com...

I started registering domains in 1999 for $70/2 yrs at NSI. Then, I was ecstatic when I moved on to DirectNic for $15. Following that I was delirious to find NameCheap at $8.88. And now I'm very happy to have my own $7.25 Enom reseller account. :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paid $100 for 2 years at Network Solutions, although I'm glad to have missed the good old days when domain names are free. Why? Because then I would have been a millionaire BUT MISSED IT (by NOT registering e.g. web.com)! :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Statistically, about 40% of the time, people are paying something like $35 for their names.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Statistically, about 40% of the time, people are paying something like $35 for their names.

thats a very high statistic

though sometimes you forget the number of people who dont have a clue about domains - even the basics

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gariben
Mole/Fizz,
just curious, how many domains did you registered with the $29 account in Enom?
I can't even image paying more than $8.95.

About 15 very good names that eNom scored for me back in the early SnapNames days when they were a Snap partner, and as such I've been happy to pay the $29 renewal fee rather than go through the hassle of transferring them elsewhere.

But I would have done so if the domain names were average.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to be ashamed of, fizz. Like I said, I have paid even higher prices.

I remembered paying NetSol for more than $2,000 in one morning back in September 1999 when I successfully snap some 30 Chinese province/city .net/.org's MANUALLY. Yes, they were charging $70 for 2 years back then.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to say I finally got off my backside and sent in the fax to eNom to get me started on their $8.95 reseller price level. Got quite a few transfers to set in action...that's one good thing about the temporary halt in drops - it gives time to clean house :D

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom