Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Copy.com for auction on NameJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you really believe it has no reserve? :D

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Real “no reserve” auctions do happen because of divorce, bankruptcy, or just a desire to attract interest in the sale and sell fast.

I would think NameJet would suffer a loss to it’s reputation if they allowed people to back out of “no reserve” auctions that they promoted so prominently, but I don’t know enough about NameJet to know their business practices.

More likely, I would guess that they know there are some serious bidders in that $50K range. I would guess they shopped Copy.com to retail buyers such as Kinkos and got no interest.

Or if the owners of Copy.com are ethically-challenged, they might bid on and “buy” their own name to avoid having to sell it cheap.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I notice several domains are canceled after auction and re-listed again.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I notice several domains are canceled after auction and re-listed again.

All those are private auctions which did not meet their reserve price in the first run and hence are being auctioned again

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rex.com met reserve and it was showing as cancelled.

If NameJet lets people cancel "no reserve" auctions, people like you will point it out instantly online, and NameJet's name will be MuddJet.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As if Namejet/Enom cared about bad rep :)

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As if Namejet/Enom cared about bad rep :)

Beyond bad rep, and despite what BS they may put in fine-print, with some exceptions, a company has to sell what it advertises or it's false advertising.

I would suggest consulting a lawyer if a "no reserve" auction is withdrawn without good reason. People have wasted their time researching the name, and NameJet should pay and pay punitive damages and legal fees.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked rex.com auction right now and it seems like the domain did sell. It doesn't show the auction cancelled message anymore. The whois was udpated on August 1.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious who at Namejet do you contact to put a name in their auction...?

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
copy.com is at least a 75k domain

To sell for 75K at auction, two people have to be willing to bid $75K.

Unless the current and past owners of Copy.com are complete idiots, they must have made a list of every Copy related company, tried to sell it retail, and failed.

I don't know the PPC value of "copy" since it's not my business.

I am not in the copying/zeroxing business either, but isn't it going the way of Blockbuster? It's now send me a PDF (copy) not a paper copy.

I do like Copy.com for the branding potential since the CO sounds and letters repeat in COpy.COm

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Curious who at Namejet do you contact to put a name in their auction...?

Do we even know that Namejet does not own Copy.com?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namejet has offered more and more names and portfolios of private sellers then ever before, especially the last month or so...there has to be a contact to submit a name(s).

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
copy.com is at least a 75k domain

High bids jumped form about $20K to $80K over the last day, but with $80K bidders with names like "Crazyman" and "Ladygodiva," who knows if they have the money. A feedback like eBay's would say if they have bought and paid for things in the past. Another Namejet deadbeat auction?

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked rex.com auction right now and it seems like the domain did sell. It doesn't show the auction cancelled message anymore. The whois was udpated on August 1.

Aerospace $160,100, winner beach1
Rex.com $68,100 winner sarabed

Both of them are redirected to findyourdomain.com. Two IDs, one company? Or perhaps the domain hasnt sold yet. Two or three years later we could see it in auction again, or maybe it will be placed in other auction. Who knows :D

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Do we even know that Namejet does not own Copy.com?

Interesting:
http://www.findyourdomain.com/domains-for-sale/

** Copy.com is also listed for sale along side with already sold domain AEROSPACE.com. Who owns the domain, namejet or it's associate :D

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aerospace $160,100, winner beach1
Rex.com $68,100 winner sarabed

Both of them are redirected to findyourdomain.com. Two IDs, one company? Or perhaps the domain hasnt sold yet.

FindYourDomain.com? this is "odd" at best.

Earlier today, after reading Legenadry's post about how to submit to NameJet, I googled "NameJet Auction"

and FindYourDomain claims to be in some "partnership" with NameJet selling the names.

http://www.findyourdomain.com/rex-com-gocarts-com-and-more-listed-with-no-reserve/

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some don't bother to change the name servers. I sold a cc.net about a year ago and the owner still hasn't changed the name servers. The domain forwards to one of my developed website.

I e-mailed Namejet regarding rex.com and aerospace.com, lets see what they got to say about it.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain is owned by private seller, namejet's partners or owned by namejet themselves, there won't be any NO-RESERVE auction. They don't like the price, they will create an ID to keep on bidding on it till someone willing to pay more.

In 2005, backordering is much a better auction. They are not operated by registrar and no private seller as far as I know. I used to bid a lot at snapnames but not anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Some don't bother to change the name servers. I sold a cc.net about a year ago and the owner still hasn't changed the name servers. The domain forwards to one of my developed website.

I believe they are a big company. Even if the new owner has not change to their own DNS, FindYourDomains.com should definitely got an editor to take them off from the list.
http://www.findyourdomain.com/domains-for-sale/

caper5

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"............................"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom