Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Copyright issue question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own a retail business and recently a former employee who was let go due to not showing up for work on several occassions decided to go into the same business in a neighboring town of one of my stores.

It didn't concern me until a customer arrived at my store with his literature and it was basically a rework of one of my brochures including all of the photos which are in my brochures. The photos were not stock photography but pictures of our products taken by us for our brochures.
Further my photos have turned up in his ads and also online.

Although due to his lack of knowledge of the industry I know he won't be around for long I am upset that he had the gall to use images of custom products designed and sold by my stores.

My question is is there a large gray area with regard to the copyright of my images? Is it worth taking legal action?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

John

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you took those images and he is using them without permission then it is copyright infringement. There is no gray area here as long as you are able to prove you own the copyright to those images (that you took them or paid someone to take them).

Smack him with a letter from your lawyer demanding an immediate stop (C&D). However if you do this, be prepared to back it up with court proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom