Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Counterstrike takes a victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
know how it feels, just started sim city 4.. but will stop for domains..

Nine day computer game exhausts boy

A 14-year-old Romanian boy has suffered a breakdown after reportedly playing a computer game for nine days and nights in a row.

Michel Savin collapsed in an internet cafe and was taken to hospital where doctors said he was physically and mentally exhausted.

His mother said he had become so addicted to playing Counter Strike that he had lost weight, missed classes and stopped washing.

Magda Savin, from Iasi, says she intends to ask the authorities to ban youngsters from internet cafes after 10pm.

Mrs Savin told National newspaper: "My son spends his nights and days in front of the computer playing this game.

"He missed hundreds of classes, he lies, steals things from the house to sell them and get money for the internet. He didn't wash for days and lost about 18lbs."

from
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_766075.html?menu=news.quirkies

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now that's a devoted gamer! Our gaming community needs more people like him, not the "pussy-gamers" who play for 30 mins and think they need a break =)

btw, a good weight-loss as well :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he's as "hard core" as he seems, I'm sure the -18 lbs did
him some good. After all, most hardcore gamers ARE overweight.

Bottom line, his parents are idiots for allowing this. It's not the
kid that's at fault here, it's his careless parents.

Luc L.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the parents should implement some rules into their household, like be home before 3am. :D

RMF

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iam a parent and my 9 year old cannot get onto counter stike (junior) or anything else at all 'cause his daddy is too busy buying and [not] selling domains names on DNF!! ;)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol. well, whatever keeps him from killing brain cells and
developing addictive habits!

you're a good parent!

:D

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and he does not like sheds

:cry:

but he will grown into that about 21 years time!

or maybe sonner when he finds my homemade beer stash (stored in a large paint can affair)

wilco

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It always seems that they die in Internet Cafes...

There was a chinese guy last year, and also someone else - both in Internet Cafes who died from over-gamer.

Over than where did they get all the money to fund 9 days of Internet Cafe time, what kind of stupid Internet Cafe admin would let people spend that amount of time there?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last year a guy in Thailand died playing the same game, Counter Strike. I read that he had been up for several nights straight playing. Maybe his death could have been caused by some drug related substances in order to stay awake all that time.

I could never imagine that someone could die from playing computer games before I heard about the guy and Thailand and now this. It's sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom