Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Couple questions by newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ops8086

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a newbie in domain reselling

I will be happy if i make, also just one first domain sell and earn some few, just to say "i did it" :)

Btw, i have just a few question, i hope you will give me some advices! :)

1) If i have a good domain (not really good like www.word.it, but something easier to find without large investment actually, like two good words, or similar), and i want to sell, which place is better to sell quickly ? I know SEDO, but i saw that if i don't buy a featured package (49 EUR) the domain is not visibile and doesn't receive offers (you confirm this ?).

2) If i register a new domain, i must wait 60 days to list it in SEDO, or in some forums (like this) for selling ? or i can put it for sale just after i buy it, and eventually if somebody is interested i tell him that i can sell after 60 days ? (what i mean is, is people interested also in good domains that has been registered less than 60days ago ? or they don't consider it ?)

3) To start reselling domain, it's very difficult without high investments in worth domains ? do you think i can find some good domain to register (at registrar, not from another reseller) and sell it to start earning something (not more), then use this money to invest in more worth domain from some resellers ?

4) if for some luck i find a single word domain to register for the first time, .com or .net, is it ever worth something (something like > registration fees) ?? Even if the word is not common, or commercially useful (apparently) ?

Thank you very much!

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1) If you have a quality domain name you do not need it to be featured. The name will sell. I recommend putting the name up for offers on this forum. That way you can tell whether there is interest before you auction.

2) As soon as you own a name you can list it for sale. Just remember a name that is registered today may not have value, that's why it was not registered up until this point. So don't expect to buy and sell a day later.

3) I think the short answer to this question is No. When you hand register domains it takes time before there is value. Don't expect to register something and sell it within a week or even a month. It may take years...the quality that is available for registration these days is very poor quality. So unless there is traffic on the name...or you have plans to develop in the future i would not suggest this option.

4) You won't find a dictionary word in .com or .net that has significant meaning that it will make you money. They're all taken.

Good luck and in order to learn more about the business you should research as much as possible.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes how could there be turnaround value with no development, traffic building or click growing?

eksperts

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For ccTLD like .it direct selling is #1 IMHO. You could know your country specific, businesses and so on. Second is Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom