Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Crazy Prices?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLORIDAMORTGAGEBROKER.COM Private 4700 pts. 18 2/16/2005 12:57:35 PM
FORSALEBYME.COM Private 4300 pts. 27 2/17/2005 12:02:36 PM

Honestly, does anybody think that the above names were worth 4K+ each?.. It reminds me of when somebody brought forsalebyowner.com for like 800K wasnt it hehe Sure its not that extreme.. but it reminded me of it :)

M

mole

The funny money is over. People can put up whatever prices they like, or smoke whatever weed they want, the domain won't sell until 2067 when most of us here are in heaven.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are what people paid for them in a clubdrop auction.. my point is somebody did pay that for them!

I just cant see them really making that back

M

mole

typeins said:
These are what people paid for them in a clubdrop auction.. my point is somebody did pay that for them!

I just cant see them really making that back

You sure that is not a shill, ins? I remember someone paid $21k or something for airplaneforsale.com. Must be bidding while drinking tequila chasers.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. i doubt they would use such crappy names if they were going to do that hehe

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
FORSALEBYME.COM Private 4300 pts. 27 2/17/2005 12:02:36 PM

Thats a nice one, overture w ext 85, without 78
No links, pure type-in`s, probably 2-3 years revenue in PPC.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains these days are honestly a good buy if their cost is 2-3 years worth of revenue?..

Sorry but i havent been concentrating on the PPC stuff until recently, as i only just started sending my stuff to some PPC companies.. i had always sent all of them to my own sites until recently.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
Domains these days are honestly a good buy if their cost is 2-3 years worth of revenue?..

Sorry but i havent been concentrating on the PPC stuff until recently, as i only just started sending my stuff to some PPC companies.. i had always sent all of them to my own sites until recently.

They go here as much as 5 years revenue up front.
I mean natural type-in traffic.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
..... It reminds me of when somebody brought forsalebyowner.com for like 800K wasnt it hehe Sure its not that extreme.. but it reminded me of it :)

Actually, forsalebyowner.com for *only* 800K+ was one of the best buys ever, even though the sale took place near the dot-com peak several yrs ago. You have to remember 'for sale by owner' is considered to be the best possible phrase in the real estate industry in N America (it's a lesser known and recognized term in other nations).

They have earned many times the investment back since then and the website is extremely popular with boat loads of traffic and daily income, much of it due to their name recognition with the public and heavy type-ins, combined with high markup services. They are the leading internet real estate firm of that kind with the lions share of the market.

If I had a chance to get it for that *low* price today I would jump on it without any hesitation (if I really had that kind of money, which of course I do not).

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well there ya go lol.. See that term isnt really all that popular here.. hence i didnt know that it was the most popular real estate term in the US :)

I guess the aussie version would be "fairdinmikmatebonzadinkydi.com" Or "shrimponthebarbie.com" :)) hehe

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
You sure that is not a shill, ins? I remember someone paid $21k or something for airplaneforsale.com. Must be bidding while drinking tequila chasers.

Perhaps that's no as extreme as you think, IMO. Can you imagine the commission or profit on just 1 airplane sale, perhaps hundreds of thousands of $ per transaction (even millions of $). One sale could even make more than $21K profit and future sales due to the domain over the yrs are all gravy once initial investment is recovered.

It's possible just 1 type-in visit leads to the sale because it is so highly targeted. You can expect high domain asking prices for high ticket products.

M

mole

trader said:
It's possible just 1 type-in visit leads to the sale because it is so highly targeted. You can expect high domain asking prices for high ticket products.

High ticket products also require a first class lounge, imho, not an ugly PPC page. I don't see myself going down to the market on Sunday to buy me a brand new Lamborghini.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
High ticket products also require a first class lounge, imho, not an ugly PPC page. I don't see myself going down to the market on Sunday to buy me a brand new Lamborghini.

But when a developer is working on hundreds of websites and thousands of domains it takes some time to get them all looking like a Lamborghini or Donald Trump's new corporate jet. Tough to get it looking good in a few hrs but in a day or two it can be done :wink:

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those domains arent, crappy, they are alright. They can work though.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, domain industry is a good way to launder money...
domain name doesnt matter.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true. It's a great name and they are doing great business with it.

trader said:
Actually, forsalebyowner.com for *only* 800K+ was one of the best buys ever, even though the sale took place near the dot-com peak several yrs ago. You have to remember 'for sale by owner' is considered to be the best possible phrase in the real estate industry in N America (it's a lesser known and recognized term in other nations).

They have earned many times the investment back since then and the website is extremely popular with boat loads of traffic and daily income, much of it due to their name recognition with the public and heavy type-ins, combined with high markup services. They are the leading internet real estate firm of that kind with the lions share of the market.

If I had a chance to get it for that *low* price today I would jump on it without any hesitation (if I really had that kind of money, which of course I do not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom