Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Creating a name server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a question that maybe someone here can help me with. If I own 200 plus names or so and If I create or setup a nameserver would I be able to park 199 names. Say for instant I developed one a site can I set the other names to that name server and have it show the same content on everything. I don't want to use url forwarding or something like. I want to have the conveniance of just changing the name servers like for Sedo or Afternic. Is this possible? and how?

Thanks guys

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you create the nameserver you will still need to add the domain parking in your cpanel for each domain.

If you are going to change the nameservers, why not just use URL forwarding if your registrar offers it for free?

If you want to change it later, you would only need to turn off url forwarding and direct the nameservers to sedo, etc.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trentino said:
Ok I have a question that maybe someone here can help me with. If I own 200 plus names or so and If I create or setup a nameserver would I be able to park 199 names. Say for instant I developed one a site can I set the other names to that name server and have it show the same content on everything. I don't want to use url forwarding or something like. I want to have the conveniance of just changing the name servers like for Sedo or Afternic. Is this possible? and how?

Thanks guys

It depends. Its certainly possible. Some hosting providers offer the ability to create nameservers via their cp - for instance, you would be able to setup NS1.YOUR-SITE.COM without any real setup on your end. I know Dreamhost is such a provider.

The other option is to setup your own DNS servers. This course is not for the faint of heart though. Setup varies across platforms and servers - if you are familiar with networking and dns servers it should be a snap.

The "how" would involve alot of hand holding so if you really want to learn how - Id simply advise you tap your network of friends or coworkers and get them to set it all up for you.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom