Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Credit Card Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've registered to Moniker and intended to buy a domain about 1 month ago, but my credit card was declined. I've contacted their support department, but no reply at all. Is here a Moniker rep that can help?

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it probably has more to do with your bank rather than moniker. Have you tried using it on any other site?

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies.

The billing address is the same with the CC holder address. I use that credit card for all other internet payments successfully (Registrars, webhosting etc.).

mikedee

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the message comes through as 'declined by bank' then there is nothing Moniker can do... It was rejected by your bank. It happens all the time and even happened to me last week, it just takes a quick call to your bank to release a block.

JRBHosting

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I have a feeling Moniker is having a problem with their systems today and was yesterday. I tried to register a domain with them last night and two hours later, the checkout page was still loading. Maybe this is somehow related.

Jason

mikedee

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the last 3 months or so the credit card companies are being much more fierce with declining credit cards. I have seen a massive increase in the number of declines.

When people have their card declined they often try again 3-4 times (especially if they know their card is good), which would cause higher traffic and load for their servers.

In the next few weeks I am going to put up a big sign for people who have their cards declined telling them to call their bank and not keep trying. There is nothing I can do as a retailer, its probably the same for moniker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom