Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Criminal Checks Needed For Tasting, Kiting, Spying

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very good read, thanks Dave

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing stuff. Verizon co-operates with the warrantless surveillance of US citizens, but domain policy needs criminal legislation.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard yahoo is trying to reign in their typos. I was just thinking maybe Microsoft is trying to buy Yahoo just so they can park the Yahoo typos.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard yahoo is trying to reign in their typos.

Bottom line remains that the entirety of domain tasting is underwritten by YaGooHoogle.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Personally I am amazed by the exploitation of loopholes such as these. But I am guilty as charged, in the old days of Network Solutions ruling supreme, you could register a domain, choose "pay by check" and keep the name live for 60 days :D Then, you simply didn't pay and it'd drop.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to Cade, “ICANN alone is not the total answer to the problem.” But there are four things ICANN could do, she said: Close the five-day add-grace period, strengthen Whois accuracy, add an anti-warehousing rule to their Registrar Accreditation Agreement, (deterring registrars from storing large numbers of domains themselves), and to make registrars accountable for their licensees.

.ca practices the bolded portion. Many loopholes but for the most part there are more registrars with integrity.

pool.com has several shell companys holding liscense for .ca through loopholes and parks your recently won domains for far too long to give you an idea of places not to deal with.

nice read, thanks for the post.
Jack

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deterring registrars from storing large numbers of domains themselves), and to make registrars accountable for their licensees.

What's stopping Verizon from acquiring their own registrar under an alias that
might be tough for one to track?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
“These are not people in their basement.” Verizon in recent months brought cases against several tasting companies, including iREIT, a company funded by Perot Investment and Maveron, founded by the chairman of the Starbucks coffee chain, Howard Schultz.
Does Adam still work for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom