Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Criteria for handreg domains ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What minimum local and global searches should be considered "OK" or "Good" before registering a new domain in current conditions?
Was going through some very old threads of around 2005 and found some overture criteria. Do they still hold ? I was researching using Google's keyword tool.

Any inputs would be very helpful.

TIA

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What minimum local and global searches should be considered "OK" or "Good" before registering a new domain in current conditions?
Was going through some very old threads of around 2005 and found some overture criteria. Do they still hold ? I was researching using Google's keyword tool.

Any inputs would be very helpful.

TIA

viewing the past, can provide keys for the future

and i will say this...

i have quite a few domains that were regged when overture was still active and many of them continue to produce.

ya feeel me

as for comparing overture with gkwt...there is NO comparison

unless you knew how to use overture :)

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply :)

as for comparing overture with gkwt...there is NO comparison

unless you knew how to use overture :)

:) I think pretty late for that, any additional advice that you would like to give ?

One more question that I had was if for certain keywords exact match is there suppose xxxx searches and broad and phrase match say yyyy, is there certain combination roughly that I should have a look at and decide upon buying? I mean xxxx should be more than yyyy but suppose xxxx is not very high in that case can yyyy be tapped may be by developing for example or will it be considered while "raw" domains value is estimated?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One more question that I had was if for certain keywords exact match is there suppose xxxx searches and broad and phrase match say yyyy, is there certain combination roughly that I should have a look at and decide upon buying? I mean xxxx should be more than yyyy but suppose xxxx is not very high in that case can yyyy be tapped may be by developing for example or will it be considered while "raw" domains value is estimated?

i have no freaking idea what you're trying to ask :)

i think you're making more complicated than it really is

if you plan to develop a domain, then do the numbers really matter?

the higher the # of searches, the more competition for those keywords...thus the harder it will be to reach top ranking

i'd be looking at cpc more than search numbers, if planning to dev a name.

but that's just me

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YOU set the criteria.
It depends on what you want to do with the name
I think many people (beginners) are too focused on search volume. It's not what makes domain 'salable'.
Low search volume could actually be a good thing, some small niches can be profitable, especially when there is little competition. As said above, consider the CPC too.

Personally I never look at that kind of data, I register names that I feel have strong branding potential.
Search volume is mostly relevant when you intend to develop the domain. But it's not what makes domains great...

Overture is dead long ago I think.
The best names were Overture with extension, you could expect type-in traffic from those.

AKA14

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I really was focusing on one aspect only. Thanks guys for your inputs :)

catchmesleeping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would only use exact match in terms of analyzing which names to register. But I think that's only one factor of many. I'd also look at how well does the keyword represent the idea. If I can think of 4 or 5 other domains that would be a better match for the concept, usually I would just pass on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom