Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

CTRs can increase for all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainRey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We all know that direct navigation can be a powerful tool in helping people find exactly what they are looking for. Why then, are park pages not associated with Google or Yahoo to add credibility for the consumer? Instead of just 'sponsored results' why can't park page providers add the term 'Google/Yahoo sponsored results?'

Google and Yahoo are obviously making money on all of us, but yet no park page providers have the term 'Google/Yahoo sponsored links' on their pages. I believe this would add tremendous value in the consumer's mind.

Don't you think CTRs would dramatically increase if the consumer knew that Google/Yahoo was providing the results?

What initiatives are in place to start 'branding' park pages with sponsored results that consumers trust?

hifi2

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't think Google/Yahoo would ever want to do that unless they get to manually approve/censor each domain name being parked, and I highly doubt they would want to devote the manpower to do that.

DomainRey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that Google/Yahoo doesn't want to devote any time/manpower to this. That's my whole point. Why would they want advertisers to know that some of their traffic comes from direct navigation?

It wouldn't be difficult for Yahoo/Google to restrict certain key words depending on the domain name. ex: Sedo park pages, keywords can be manually entered, but have to be approved.

Does it specifcally say in the Yahoo/Google contracts that publishers can not display 'Yahoo/Google sponsored results' instead of just 'sponsored results?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom