Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Curious - Godaddy parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why would any of us want to use Godaddy's parking program when you have to pay to use it. Am I missing something? Seriously, I think I'm slow. Why do I want to pay $24.99 a month to recieve 80% of the revenue when I can park for free elsewhere? has anyone tried it, are you making more? Glad to hear thoughts and opinions. Cheers.

Acro

Domain Days 2024

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you make more paying $24.95 per month and getting 80 percent then you would paying nothing and getting a lesser percentage....that would be the reason. Someone would have to try and then compare. Lots of Go-Daddy customers are new to the business so it is a good way to plunder them.

People who attempt to make money without the requisite knowldege deserve to get plundered anyway. That's the price they end up paying for the knowledge that they should have had in the first place.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not going to work....:greenembarrassed:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. If you have a domain currently earning $200 per month at 50% rev share and you could increase that to $320 minus $24.95, you will come out way ahead.

Take the idea a step further to a $75 flat fee, you keep all the revenue. The company that offers this could lock up all the best revenue generating domains and leave only the scraps for the other companies to fight over.

At first it seems like a silly idea but for high revenue domains it could work out very nicely for the owners. I would like to hear from someone who has tried it and find out how the RPC compares to other companies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. If you have a domain currently earning $200 per month at 50% rev share and you could increase that to $320 minus $24.95, you will come out way ahead.

Take the idea a step further to a $75 flat fee, you keep all the revenue. The company that offers this could lock up all the best revenue generating domains and leave only the scraps for the other companies to fight over.

At first it seems like a silly idea but for high revenue domains it could work out very nicely for the owners. I would like to hear from someone who has tried it and find out how the RPC compares to other companies.

Yeah, but the dirty little secret is that over 90 percent of people's portfolios don't really make that much in PPC. Most people would have more money if they were paid 10 cents for every time they checked their stats at the parking company.

It almost goes without saying that if a name is doing well with PPC then it could be doing a lot better in a good affiliate program...or with development.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It almost goes without saying that if a name is doing well with PPC then it could be doing a lot better in a good affiliate program...or with development.

I don't think I could completely agree with that. Only in the cases of Low traffic, very low CTR or low RPC. Parked sites are very goal oriented and tend to have a much higher advertiser CTR than the average developed site.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the GD idea is great. It keeps the crap out of his parking program.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I think the GD idea is great. It keeps the crap out of his parking program.

On paper its a great idea...but I would love to see how well this works in practice.

Maybe Howard from PPCIncome.com can test it out for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom