Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Czeck Domain C&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A domain I purchased a while back here, recently got hit by a C&D to the person that sold me the domaoin, since he was never able to transfer whois. A few days later the domain is no longer forwarding to the parking page, which is set at its registrar. Can someone explain to me how this works. They've basically taken control over the domain, without taking any legal actions, or getting the domain revoked.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a .cz domain right ?
Typically the registry will put the domain on hold upon dispute but it should still resolve. On hold means you cannot transfer the names or make changes to the DNS etc.
You should first check the status of the name with the registry (via whois)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain is .cz, whois has not changed, neither has the status. The registrar has the domain pointed to DS, however, the domain is forwarded to some standard .cz web-site.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the whois do you see a change in the last-updated field ?
Any changes in name servers ?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Name servers changed to ns1.regzone.cz ns1.regzone.info, although that isn't what is registered with the domain registrar.

The whois does seem like something is funny. Maybe the name was stolen.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should contact the registrar asap to check the status of your domain

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I've just done that. I tried updating NameServers and contact info yesterday as well. I have tried contacting the previous owner as well here, but he hasn't logged on. I asked him to send me a copy of the C&D, as well as possibly explaining what is going on. He did mention a few days ago, that the who-is was never updated, even after it was transferred to me, and that's why he got the letter.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normally transfers of ownership are allowed for .cz too but there are forms to be filled out. You need to ask the registrar about the actual procedure.
This link may be of interest to you, it explains the dispute resolution and possible outcomes: http://www.nic.cz/en/page.php?aid=151&sid=37&wid=1

What is your registrar saying about the status of this name ?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They got back to me without being clear. The previous owner just PM me, and I believe he is transferring them the domain. The problem is is that he sold me the domain, and the fact that he got a C&D should not allow him to transfer without my permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom