Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dallas Cowboys just blew millions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the bus is for the owners, wont be able to fit a team on there. I love what the owners have done with the name, its one thing having it parked, its another thing to have it directed to a demographic that would make most hard core football fan blush at the site.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Isn't it sick? :D Money out the window.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the domain community, they are notorious for the epic fail to acquire the domain name,Cowboys.com, at the then auctioned price of $275,000.

You got your number wrong, here, I'll fix it for you.
:lol:

In the domain community, they are notorious for the epic fail to acquire the domain name,Cowboys.com, at the then auctioned price of $275

I'm assuming the bus is for the owners, wont be able to fit a team on there. I love what the owners have done with the name, its one thing having it parked, its another thing to have it directed to a demographic that would make most hard core football fan blush at the site.

Yet the safest from a WIPO.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Another case of Domainers falling to an even lower LOW...

We couldn't sell the domain in 5 years to the Cowboys organization so lets develop into something they real hate so they'll have to buy it... Nice.

I don't know if INTENT could be considered in a WIPO filing, but if it could be and these investors lose their investment, it's Jerry Jones who will have the last laugh, At all of us.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another case of Domainers falling to an even lower LOW...

We couldn't sell the domain in 5 years to the Cowboys organization so lets develop into something they real hate so they'll have to buy it... Nice.

I don't know if INTENT could be considered in a WIPO filing, but if it could be and these investors lose their investment, it's Jerry Jones who will have the last laugh, At all of us.

I think it was a plan well-thought. It was Jerry Jones who 'faked left, faked right' to begin with. Anyone believing that $275,000 was in fact $275 apparently has some ethical issues.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it was a plan well-thought. It was Jerry Jones who 'faked left, faked right' to begin with. Anyone believing that $275,000 was in fact $275 apparently has some ethical issues.

Remove yourself from a being domainer for a minute, let's say your in the Greek Olive business and the name of your business is Theos Olives, Somebody approaches you and offers to sell you Theos.com at a high price, you refuse and say to yourself "My business can get along just fine with TheosOlives.com, but now you have a group of domainers trashing you for not buying it, and worst yet the owners of Theos.com turn it into a Gay web site as a means of persuading you to buy it, would that sit well with you?

I agree the Cowboys organization were idiots for getting the price wrong, and your right that it was unethical of them backing out of the bid they placed, but as far as the Cowboys NOT wanting to buy it, who are we to say they should buy? Were NOT a partner in Jerry's money, it's HIS money and not ours..

I have no doubt these investors bought the name with ONE potential buyer in mind, a buyer who has deep pockets, they probably thought it would sell in less than 1 year and here we are 5 years later and no movement... Investors are growing nervous, so as an act of desperation they resort to using coercion to try and sell it, No matter how you cut it , it's a repulsive act...

It's crap like this that make people say; "Domainers are scumbags" a charge that's hard to defend because theirs an element of truth to it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't it what Rick did with saveme.com ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Raider, you think too much. The difference is, I didn't bid on 'Theos.com' - had I done it, I would have honored my bids. See, the Dallas Cowboys lawyers thought they could walk away from the auction where they voluntarily bid $275,000 - not $275 - by claiming the three trailing zeros are past a decimal point. Nobody forced them to bid in the first place.

The rest is fluff. They can do whatever they want with Cowboys.com, if gay personals works, so be it. It's not DallasCowboys.com, it's Cowboys.com. And there is a GayCowboys.com for that matter, as much as CowboysAndAliens.com

Incidentally, the $30k that each investor put down for the domain is peanuts for these guys. Not everyone leads a flashy lifestyle, but at least one I know of drives a Lamborghini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom