Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ordered a domain and misspelt it by accident

Got goldentrecipes.com when I thought I was getting goldenrecipes.com

Turns out that is taken anyway, silly me, my own fault, won't be able to even sell that for few dollars so just wasted 8 dollars :[

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, that sucks.

Whenever I find a good domain that I think is unregistered, i have to check it about 20 times to make sure it's not typoed

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Use it as a link to only domain I suppose.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ye, I'm so tired I just didn't think.

Oh well, I'l just let it expire.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ALWAYS final check the spelling with e.g. Google (or Overture or whatever) AND THEN cut (not even copy, just to make sure) and paste it back. Spotting spelling mistakes by the eyes is a professional skill of people like teachers or proofreaders. ;)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make a recipie site for a new tea beverage. Golden "T" recipes

Make a forum for the bar online golf arcade game Golden Tee?

Nah just delete it, don't even let it expire.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email your chosen registrar and let them know how displeased you are that they would register such a crappy domain for you. Demand a refund infact. :)

iNV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha, I can so relate to that. I have a few junk domains like that too. I learned well to check 30 times + dictionary + google + overture. Once overture ****ed me lol the mistype had 10 000 hits and i thought it was the right spelling.. silly me.. atleast its not a total waste

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overture automatically displays results for corrected spelling, so don't over depend on it. I bought a typo domain myself like a while ago. Just write if off. :D :wink:

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If its at enom you can ask for a deletion and they'll refund you.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Str said:
Overture automatically displays results for corrected spelling, so don't over depend on it. I bought a typo domain myself like a while ago. Just write if off. :D :wink:
Wouldn't suprise me if most of DNF don't formally report their income in domains.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ALWAYS final check the spelling with e.g. Google (or Overture or whatever) AND THEN cut (not even copy, just to make sure) and paste it back. Spotting spelling mistakes by the eyes is a professional skill of people like teachers or proofreaders. ;)

I've been doing something similar to this ever since I registered wierd.de only to find out I had been spelling weird wrong my whole life!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Wouldn't suprise me if most of DNF don't formally report their income in domains.

If they don't, they should. I know a guy who made income on the side and it was an all cash business...no emails, no PayPal records, no escrow records, and lost his home due to back taxes. If they could catch him, they could easily catch someone in the domain business with all the paper (epaper) trails. I claim every penny. Claiming the income actually has benefits as well. When I created my LLC, I had trackable income and I was able to get a business line of credit and business credit cards from the first day I was an LLC.

Lesson #1 - Don't mess with the IRS. They freeze accounts first and ask questions later.

Lesson #2 - See lesson #1

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it ... I think it would atleast go for 400 or 500 hundred thousand on eBay ... its very comparable to some that are on there now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom