Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dan Warner's Wild Ride: He's Been Up, Down, Over & Out - But He's Still in the Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com. In his classic song "That's Life" Frank Sinatra sang, "I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king. I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing: each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race." The 49 words in that verse are former Fabulous.com leader and current DomainAdvertising.com CEO Dan Warner's life in a nutshell. Fortunately, for those who want to know the entire previously untold story, we have published it for the first time.

We'll take you along on Warner's wild ride through a hitch in the Navy, stints as a carpenter, a paramedic, a fireman, a software developer and a pharmaceutical salesman - as well as traumatic experiences that included a near fatal accident and a thieving CFO who wound up in jail after destroying Warner's multi-million dollar company and leaving Warner flat broke. Whew! You might want to buckle your seatbelts for this one. You can read the whole story here: http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2010/may.htm

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron, I like your publication, but I would love to see cover stories of other people, other domainers, even "small time" domainers...those interest more than the same type of stories about people that I see speaking at every domain name conference I've ever attended.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dan seems a really cool guy
whats Dan's user profile on here? or if you're reading this Dan, I applied to DomainAdvertising.com and haven't heard a word back after 4 days
poor form

TopWebNames

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron. I totally agree with Rockefeller. I stopped reading and even visiting DNJournal long ago because of exactly this... and I'm not alone. Almost every other domainer that I communicate with has said the same or something very close. It might be a better road to travel if you focus on/feature "little guys", "up and commers"; clever, innovative ways of making it with domain names, etc. You can still do these "rat pack" bios in a separate section. If you do, definitely monitor the traffic/hits to that section, especially how long visitors stay. Best wishes, Steve

Ron, I like your publication, but I would love to see cover stories of other people, other domainers, even "small time" domainers...those interest more than the same type of stories about people that I see speaking at every domain name conference I've ever attended.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we can read stories about the "little guys" right here lol

TopWebNames

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom