Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

closed Dating-site(s).ca

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you let me know if you think that this domain has potential? And what price range would you be willing to pay for this domain or sell if you were the owner?

I think it has very good potential. Not so much for a dating-site itself but for perhaps a dating site directory, reviews, top 10, dating services directory, a forum, chat.... generating revenue with dating site affiliate links.

Here are some stats:

These 2 keywords are the most popular keywords for the entire world of dating.

Dating site has more search results on overture then any other dating related keywords:

single 727213
lavalife 285340
personals 288953
adult 1 265 713
adult friend finder 855001
adult personals 400188
plenty of fish 203922
love 600595

Searches done in December 2006 (overture)
Count Search Term
1 580 315 dating site
1 059 802 dating
480076 dating services
439306 free online dating
412552 internet dating
395500 online dating
203316 free dating
153142 free dating services
111890 adult dating
101665 christian dating
56872 single dating
52743 indian dating
51843 asian dating

Google shows 160,000,000 results for dating site
Yahoo shows 210,000,000
MSN shows 12,139,808

Thanks,

David

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i see reg fee on this one because its a - with .ca ext...good luck

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys for your appraisals.

Wow I didn't think a Canadian would agree with an American saying that good / premium dot ca are worth reg fee.

Dot CAs are for marketing to Canadians. It's a big country. Just like in the US, if you get 0.01% of any market, you will be very successful.

In Canada, we care about dot ca because we know it is going to be a service/product very likely targeted to Canadians. We know we won't have to pay extra for border fee shipping cost, wait a long time for delivry and most likely be able to pay in Canadian money.

Maybe the population is not as big as in the US, but the competion is also much less.

It sounds like I'm trying to protect my domain but really, I just want that American to know that not bad or good dot CAs are worth much more than reg fee.

Have a nice life.

David :/

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for your appraisal.

Here is my 2 cents on that dash subject.

I think that if your marketing strategy will be mostly online; banners, adwords, links etc, dashes are perfect and even an advantage. I find the search engines to pick up the keywords better that way. But if people needs to remember the name to get to your Website, I agree dashes are not the best.

For example, I get way more traffic on oscommerce-templates.ca then on oscommercetemplates.ca with the same marketing method. They both get their traffic from Search Engines so whatever the name, as long as it shows up in the search list.

In the case of this domain, visitors would be coming mostly from online marketing; search engines, directory links, banners and so on.

Let me know if you think,

Take care,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom