Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Day 45 No Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice, i'm going to be quiting soon ... first child expected aroung st. patty's day!

how'd you quit .. cold turkey, gum, patch?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nicely done, MHS.

I quit two years ago, April. Used the stage 2 patch for two weeks, the lowest dose for two weeks and didnt look back. The highest level patch was way to much, imho. Wear the patch at night and let the show begin.

Good luck, NW.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cold Turkey .. New Years Eve .. The other stuff diden't work on me .. I would depend on it too much . So I quit cold turkey and staying busy has been my key to a smoke free life.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well done - I quit 25 years ago and never looked back.
My secret was using a product called "Nicobrevin" (still available) and always have a packet with me so I never thought "I haven't got one".

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats, every time I quit I end up starting back by going out and having drinks. Gets me every time. Going to attempt again in the near future but I guess I'll wait until after the two packs I bought..lol

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Senior year college.....cig and coffee.....cant quit.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been 19 years for me. 19 years 45 days 20 hrs and 57 minutes..............

Cold turkey was the way to go for me. And I seriously wanted to quit. That made all the difference

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had smoked for more than 13 years and have quit it for 11 years already :)
I have quit million times and finally succeded 11 years ago by reading a book called "Quit in 5 days". I know it is very difficult to quit something out so I won't try smoking again.

good luck!

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brinkle.com said:
Congrats, every time I quit I end up starting back by going out and having drinks. Gets me every time. Going to attempt again in the near future but I guess I'll wait until after the two packs I bought..lol

Same here ... its been 9 years since I started and am still trying to quit.

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found moving countries helped. Seriously! None of the same reference points etc. I do admit to the occassional lapse, but bascially, I smoked for about 15 yrs & then stopped.

Zinc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MileHighSecurity said:
Just figured I would let the cat out of the hat and say that I was on Day 45 without a cigarette and was doing it for 10 years. .

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS, Can't say I'd ever want to stop smoking, I enjoy it too much but hats off to the oxygen clan.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use snuff (dont confuse it with the illegal murder-sex)

It's tobacco in bags and some aroma added (citrus or pine or tobbacco or whiskey taste, or something else). It is THE shit. Much more nicotine than a cigg. and much more healthier (you dont inhale anything!)

This is what some of the kinds look like (there are bag and non-bag versions of them). You put them under your top lip on your gum for like 1 hour. In Sweden, more men use this than ciggs: http://home.swipnet.se/~w-11273/snus.htm

I believe you have something similar in the US, but you dont put it under your top lip do you? Isnt it called skoal or something?

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well dont know... As I said more than half of the men use it here in Sweden, and I have never in my life seen someone with that kind of a mouth (not even on old people) so that is probably some American-tobbacco-company-sponsored-project

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a responce from everyone. We have got this going good enough to change the Gooooooogle Ads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom