Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.DE at 6.4 Million registered !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.denic.de/DENICdb/stats/index.html

.DE has picked up another million registrations in the past year.. keep inmind this is after the 1 million or so top names were long gone.. and still the market is booming..

Look at this growth http://www.denic.de/DENICdb/stats/domains_simple.html

That represents 30% of .com registrations!

.US will easily surpass those numbers over the next 3-4 years or so.. (it took .DE 3 short years to go from 1 million to 6.5 million ! .US should far surpass those numbers ..)

.CN also will be a force ..simply by sheer population numbers...

In 3 years .US , .DE , .CN and .Co.UK will represent around 70% of all domains registered.. do the math and you will see. (where wil that leave com ? still very strong but in a diminished role IMO)

I'll say it again..this is NOT so much about the fall of .com.. only about the rise of ccTLDS and think of all the people profiting from this growth... are you ?

Target your markets.. dont try and be a one domain extension fits all 1998 thoght process.

PAY ATTENTION.. MOST Search engines (country specific- and LEADERS in SE technology ) will rank ccTLD above .com

for example ..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mu...tnG=Google+Search&meta=cr=countryUK|countryGB

If you want to reach specific audiences be prepared with cctld specific extensions.. if you want to DEAL in the domain AFTERMARKET be prepared to offer your customers market specific domain extensions..

I am amazed how even in the past 6 -9 months domain boards have become a place of variety.. think about it for a moment..

6 months ago the ".com is King" song was dominant.. today much less so..

I have personally seen many Domainers who were just .com'ers transition over and deal in other extensions ..

This isnt just a trend... it mirrors the actual growth in extensions other than just .com

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting you should mentioned .DE Bid. Domain Name Journal in conjunction with Sedo is going to publish a series of articles on the market for the major country codes around the world - starting with .DE, which is as you pointed out booming. Sedo will provide sales prices on specific domains and detailed information on how various extensions are being utilized in individual countries as compared to the U.S. Sedo already uses country codes to target specific markets - Sedo.co.uk, Sedo.us, Sedo.de, etc.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Interesting you should mentioned .DE Bid. Domain Name Journal in conjunction with Sedo is going to publish a series of articles on the market for the major country codes around the world - starting with .DE, which is as you pointed out booming. Sedo will provide sales prices on specific domains and detailed information on how various extensions are being utilized in individual countries as compared to the U.S. Sedo already uses country codes to target specific markets - Sedo.co.uk, Sedo.us, Sedo.de, etc.

That should be very interesting and I'll wager will raise some eyebrows !

Sedo is another excllent example of a company that "gets it" and is targeting their markets instead of letting one domain try and do/be everything for them.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice post bid. I hope you are right about .us and other cc's. .De seems to be an unusual case. .US is gonna need a hell of a surge in registrations to get close to .DE. At the rate its going, seems like .us will take decades, especially if .de continues its growth.

I imagine kids.us will create some recognition for .us. In the end, the corporates and mid size companies have to start using it, and promoting it, big time, and not necessarily as a second to .com. They have to use it like germany uses .de. It has to come to represent the united states extension and all that that means. It means hollywood, the english language as spoken by americans, the united states influence, the culture etc. I think .com is somewhat bound up in all that and will hinder .us's growth and is what is hindering it. But there are other factors too - the bad economy and I think the subtle instability in everything right now, at least in my perception.

I certainly hope .us (and .cn and other cc tlds) grow like many feel it will. It certainly should. It's main problem is .com, which has always been a kind of unofficial (some would say official) united states extension, even though it is a general all purpose extension.

Who knows what the future holds and how it will affect everything.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The main problem I think for .us, is that the united states is a very "international" country. So .com in a way is a very appropriate extension. Our private culture is very public and far strung throughout the world. Our influence is huge.

I have a feeling though that this will be less and less the case as time goes on. I think the us will probably become more nationalistic and less open in the future and that is one thing I think that could benefit the .us extension, mainly because then the us will have more of a personal identity, and less of a vague, international, politically correct and all encompassing identity.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Interesting you should mentioned .DE Bid. Domain Name Journal in conjunction with Sedo is going to publish a series of articles on the market for the major country codes around the world

Duke,

Not sure if you are going to touch on the ".eu" regional TLD, but it would be interesting to find out how this new "piece of the DNS puzzle" will fit into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom