Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dead trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a name you own, was a regestered trademark at one point but is now a dead trademark, does anyone know if this can be problematic?

I have the .com and it appears as if all the other extensions are owned by different registrants...not the original trademark holder. I believe the company no longer exists...but am not sure.

Please let me know if you have any knowlege in this area. Thanks!

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not an attorney but I think if it's dead, and not being used, it's a non issue. Someone else should be able to apply for a trademark under the same name without an issue so owning the domain should not pose a problem either.

What's the name?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. PM for name.

My idea for development of the name is totally different from the dead trademark...so I am not too concerned.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do trademarks expire or something?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only the registration of hte TM has expired. The name may still have common law protection. It is/was a name of a company that provides supplies to the medical profession (the links are geared toward medical supplies). Judging from the timing, it seems this could have been an expired domain that the company forgot to renew (and that is not a defense for the compnay to lose its rights).

edit to add: It seems the company is still aruond and they even have a patent application filed Nov 2004. If the company is out of business... nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom