Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dead zone lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed it has been a bit dead...like not alot of sales, or alot of new posts...etc.

I have noticed this at other places too..not just here. It is not just a DNF thing.

Or maybe I am just looney?

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
noticed it too, other than kwelx , nobody seems to be selling traffic names to often.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have been sllling a lot recently. Infact i can buy them fast enought to keep up witht he rate i am selling them.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, thats the thing...right now it is a buyers market (IMHO). I bought a TON last week. Now, trying to push through a few sales...its getting slim pickins.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I even have a WANTED thread going and it has had no replies. Very strange...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep made a ton of sales two weeks ago, this week - nadda. Going to try some selling some sites later tonight - not holding my breath though.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I even have a WANTED thread going and it has had no replies. Very strange...

yes very strange there, usually you have to spend a half hour cleaning your PM box after you post there.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah...roger that. Who knows? Just slowing a little bit. Maybe people enjoying the last days of summer before it turns cold?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's getting very very difficult to buy strong domains, especially at 'domainer' prices, hence the apparent slowdown. In terms of demand, the market is stronger than ever. I know of a few nice sales this week, but not sure if they'll be published. One was a strong mid six figure sale of a worthy .com. I'm buying a generic .com for mid five figures - it's in escrow, but not completed yet.

It's interesting that DNJournal's top sales in the last couple of weeks have been .EU and .ORG domains - I think this is because competition in the .COM market is so strong that even the big players are being forced to look at alternative extensions. Bear in mind that while Ron does a fantastic job with DNJournal, his sales report is just the tip of the iceberg of the deals that go down - I've seen at least ten six-figure sales slip under the radar in the last year.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I second that. the trend may be shifting towards the 'cold' side for awhile until the market heats up again, perharps in a while's time.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's getting very very difficult to buy strong domains, especially at 'domainer' prices,

not if you look hard enough. there are still some steals to be found out there.
<= not disclosing anything else hehe

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a post a few weeks ago commenting on the same thing - the action and discussion in the forum has slowed down. Some people said that the domain market was as strong as ever, as you can see by reported sales at dnjournal, sedo and afternic. A few also said it always gets busier in the fall/winter. Many people right now are focused on getting back to work and setting up the kids in school, but over the next few weeks we should see a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom