Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice to you is that you're only making it worse by making a second thread about it.

The success of this forum relies upon a strong search engine presence. That's how I found it in the first place.

You can edit your own posts all you want (with the exception of certain forums such as the legal section), but the posts of others can only be edited at their own discretion (I will gladly take any mention I might have made of the domain name in the thread).

Besides that, the titles cannot be edited. This is because this is the first thing search engines will look at, and if they change, that will hurt the search engine ranking.

Forums such as the exclusive forum do not require the mention of the domain name in the title, which is one of the advantages of buying an exclusive membership.

The short answer to your concern is that nothing can be done. I'd recommend building a site on the domain with several pages so that said pages will displace dnforum's presence on google searches for the domain. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO...

While curious about domains and participating in the domaining community, in situations like yourself (which I, and many others have encountered and turned away from years ago here), it mostly only benefits the forum to have people supply such good content and they in turn index it to their benefit, and have it splashed across the Web everywhere for anyone to take - when in practice, many domain conversations amongst domainers only do justice to the domainer if the conversation does not get feed across the web endlessly in perpetuity for others to profiteer from. Intellectual property business is hyper-sensitive to loose lips sinking ships. Unfortunately, for you, like myself and many others, it's live and learn when it comes to domaining and finding uses for domain forums to your benefit, and not to the possible degradation of your potential domain sales.

In other words - Only talk about domains you assume will be monitored and exposed by others. Not to blame domain forums for doing what they do - but it is to say one must assume ALL information posted online is open to exposure beyond what you intended, or would like it to be. In the information age, ignorance is not bliss - it's profit.

Suggestion: DNForum write a detailed and open instruction guide to the in's and out's of using the Forum to the benefit of Domainers - so if they Choose Not to list domains in Indexed Threads (or what-have-you) - they then will have the choice. :eek:k: DNF toutes itself as the place to talk domains - but this makes it appear like an open 'gap' to this virtue? For example, e-mail such a guide to people upon signing-up for DNForum, before DNF begins sending people affiliate sales promotions.

Never made sense to me to index Appraisals anyway - only ruined the forum imo. and drove people away - it would get more constructive use by experienced domainers if they made the simple decision to do this. You know, create and cultivate DNForum as the place to talk domains - vs. the practice of driving domainers away to not talk domains :S

Best of luck and success in all your endeavours nanodoctor!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is that 'embarrassing' ?
Experienced domainers have all agreed this is a great name and provided appraisals you could actually use as leverage.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's such a big deal for a quality domain like that. Just edit all your own comments and leave it at that. A serious buyer wouldn't care about this thread, in fact it might attract a buyer doing a search who finds this forum.

nanodoctor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is that 'embarrassing' ?
Experienced domainers have all agreed this is a great name and provided appraisals you could actually use as leverage.
I find this to be embarrassing because I thought that these posts would be personal, not available to the whole world to view. I was wrong. It is like opening somebody else's mail.
I have received some valuable knowledge here which I am very appreciative of, but I have also had some very lame and insulting appraisals which I can not remove.
I suppose that you can call it "live and learn. I will not be joining anymore forums.

Thank you for your post Katherine,

nanodoctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom