Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Deal or No Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Question -

If you buy a domain from someone and then find out it can't be transferred to your account does that mean the deal should be cancelled? Funds transferred back to buyer?

I am experiencing this on my first actual transaction and want my payment refunded.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Transfered or Pushed?

If the domain can not be Transfered, I think it's fair to accept a push at the current registrar and complete the transaction.

If it can't be pushed, then that is something I have not really heard of and your money should be refunded.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When i tried to do a transfer to my registrar it said it can't for 60 days because the person just transferred it.

Does that mean a push can only be done?

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the buyer did not state that the domain was unable to be transfered, then you could ask for a refund.

Next time Ask if the domain can be transfered or not.

I would just accept a push and call it a lesson for now. Wait the 60 days and transfer it to your registrar you wish.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks...Just waiting for him...he isn't replying :(

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which registrar is it at? If it's a name you really want, just create an account there and accept a push... If it's a popular registrar, sooner or later you may have an account there anyways...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was a condition of the agreement to purchase the name that you MUST have it registered with X I say the deal is dead.

However if the only deal reached was you buying the name I think opening a new account at the current registrar that holds the name and completing the deal by accepting a push or initiating the transfer is the right thing to do. Now if it's at a cost to you that was significant ( which we know it is not ) you could ask for the difference back seeing as he failed to mention the 60 day hold ( knowningly or not ) .

My advice is to open a new account, be a man and complete the deal. Numerous times I have done this and it has been done for me. It is a part of the business, live with it. If you cannot live with this quite frankly you are not prepared to do business at all.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's my worry JP...he doesn't realize it was 60 day lock...it shows on website that it's with the OLD registrar still. I figured it would be a free push. I created a new account with other registrar. Seeing as he is new member now i am just worried about entire transaction.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Everything worked out. Thanks for the help guys.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rule #1 of domain club...have patience and don't freak out...just play it cool mon :smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom