Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Decision to become a CIRA registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can file this under 'time to put your money where your mouth is' or 'put up or shut up':

Our company has decided to apply to CIRA in 2011 to become a registrar. If CIRA should decide not to permit our company to become a registrar, one could only point to the Momentous group and CIRA itself as model operations.

I would appreciate any written letters of support which we could provide with our application for next year.

Thanks!

By the way, if anyone who is a .ca registrar partner is interested in selling their business or only the .ca registrar portion, please send me a private message.

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought all you needed is 3K and a pulse to be a registrar ?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Msn they have really strengthen their rules for applying, I'll send you an PM now.

Cheers,

Jay

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought all you needed is 3K and a pulse to be a registrar ?

The process is quite lengthy. Can easily take anywhere from 6 months to a year. Yes there's the $3000 upfront, but there are significant costs in addition to that - for example all the documentation has to be reviewed by your lawyer (CIRA will confirm this), so legal fees are another major expense.

Not to mention all the competency interviews, etc

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to mention all the competency interviews, etc

Exactly my point! If they decide to turn us down after the competency interview then why is Momentous still allowed to be a .ca registrar?

If CIRA does not award us a RAR we will give all of this over to our lawyer specifically with this event in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom